1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to flex pay this little guy over three months. The 6 inch Black Series has killed my wallet for awhile so I am low on collector funds.

IMG_3812.JPG

Thanks so much Ton Ton and QuiGon! The background I added using an app called PicsArt, I make all my pictures on my phone. This little hot toys yoda is so great and photogenic

Im falling out of love with Yoda. Its not so much the price anymore but the open eye head sculpt. This should have been a DX or have PER eyes. He’s a puppet and from all the images I have see he feels so limited in “facial” articulation. The PERS would have helped greatly to achieve so many looks. If not then maybe there also should have included a eyelid half closed third head sculpt. Maybe these are good things for me as I do not need to fight with myself to place an order anymore…… Just a few thoughts.

Well Bo, I'm on the other ship. I think this is one of the top sculpts that Hot Toys has presented us for Star Wars. Leia being tops; that said the price in Canada factoring in taxes is a tough pill to swallow. I used a bunch of trader bucks at Toy Traders to remove the sting on this one... and I was glad I did.

Well Bo, I'm on the other ship. I think this is one of the top sculpts that Hot Toys has presented us for Star Wars. Leia being tops; that said the price in Canada factoring in taxes is a tough pill to swallow. I used a bunch of trader bucks at Toy Traders to remove the sting on this one... and I was glad I did.

Maybe I'll go over to Toy Traders and have a look at the figure in person. Never know might change my mind!! Thanks

Im falling out of love with Yoda. Its not so much the price anymore but the open eye head sculpt. This should have been a DX or have PER eyes. He’s a puppet and from all the images I have see he feels so limited in “facial” articulation. The PERS would have helped greatly to achieve so many looks. If not then maybe there also should have included a eyelid half closed third head sculpt. Maybe these are good things for me as I do not need to fight with myself to place an order anymore…… Just a few thoughts.

I don't disagree that it's the rare Sculpt where you actually WANT PERS but the head is fine as is.

My issue with it is it's just a bit too cute and soft for yoda...

All that being said it's the best yoda out there by far and I'm converted I was pretty damn sure it wouldn't top my modded medicom but it does

Still think the hair is all wrong and the issue is the sculted hair not even the real hair they put on it

It's too full

I think they focused on trying to make him nice and symmetrical, rather than how he actually looked. Still a great looking figure though and is pretty much essential in any SW collection. It looks its best I think with the closed eyes sculpt.

Overall I think its nice, but seems like something is lacking for this price tag.
I think would have been more value if we had maybe the hut or part of the hut to go with it ?

This figure would have nailed it big time if it had PERS. I still think its great , i just felt the tacked on hair looks cheap , not the correct colour and weak. some people are having issues with the cane, i seem to be able to get him to hold it no problems, but one bump it falls out . Is he worth 300 AUD ? -- no way . perhaps 200 at the most . but he will be one of those rare and hard to find figures one day i just know it.

So I've been out of the loop on this figure as I wait for Popcultcha to finally get it in stock, but I just want to clarify that we now know there was definite variations in the paint applications on this figure right?

Where he compares two Yoda heads. One is definitely more green right? Am I crazy? At the very least its surely as "Big" a variation as there was between the Han Solo heads.

I am purposefully avoiding saying "V2" lol.

Back