1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im hoping someone can post some pics of this one next to the SSC PT Yoda.. I know they're completely different styles, but I've felt pretty happy with that one in my display. If the HT completely blows it out of the water, I might have to swap him out with this guy.

Thought this belonged in this thread. Love it !!

"You're a psycho weener !"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E&list=PLDWOaLX7rvz2c9FovuAIFcocP--3o2oI7&index=6

lol Bad lip reading rules, there's a bunch of funny Star Wars ones! My 2 year old daughter wants to watch this one over and over hahah

The more I look at pics of the figure, the more I think the closed-eyes sculpt is the clear winner of this set. And another one added to the pretty short list of SW sculpts that HT has truly nailed. It really captures Yoda so perfectly - even the funky quirks of the puppet head like the downward slope of his right eye. The open-eyes sculpt is really nice and a step up on previous 1/6 Yodas, but feels too young, clean and symmetrical.

This is a bit like the HT Bespin Luke set - the regular headsculpt is very nice but has something not quite nailed about it, whereas the "alternate" headsculpt really nails it, even if it's very scene specific.

Hopefully HT issues more two-headsculpt sets - seems like second time is the charm.:lol

I agree with parrasmaniac. I don't know why anyone looking at the two could possibly say that the Hot Toys version is not the better figure.

Although I don't agree that it's too expensive. People look at his size but the raw materials are only part of the cost. There are other costs not attributed to the size of the figure (overhead, marketing costs, licensing fees, body type that is probably a one off, etc...)

hmmm and who are you

^^Hoping for just that with ROTJ Luke. Sort of hoping for two separate releases honestly, as that might make that more likely.

"dignified/serene" and "determined/aggressive" Luke Jedi sculpts would be awesome - and probably the aggressive will be the better.

The more I look at pics of the figure, the more I think the closed-eyes sculpt is the clear winner of this set. And another one added to the pretty short list of SW sculpts that HT has truly nailed. It really captures Yoda so perfectly - even the funky quirks of the puppet head like the downward slope of his right eye. The open-eyes sculpt is really nice and a step up on previous 1/6 Yodas, but feels too young, clean and symmetrical.

This is a bit like the HT Bespin Luke set - the regular headsculpt is very nice but has something not quite nailed about it, whereas the "alternate" headsculpt really nails it, even if it's very scene specific.

Hopefully HT issues more two-headsculpt sets - seems like second time is the charm.:lol

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I actually think the regular sculpt in that set is the better of the two. While the BD sculpt is superb, the wide eyed, "shocked" expression slightly throws it off for me personally.

However, I do think the closed eyes, using-the-force sculpt on this figure is the better of the two. That being said, I'll still be displaying mine with the regular sculpt. :lol

Any hope of using the extra head and hands to spruce up an old Hasbro Yoda? The only sideshow Yoda I have is the Jedi Master version, and I want to keep him as is.

I broke my no preorder rule and ordered this thanks to sideshow dropping some free reward points in my account.

I feel like this figure could sell out fast once sideshow starts shipping.

:goodpost:

I keep trying to display Yoda with the eyes-open head but the closed-eye one is much better. It's not just the more accurate likeness, it's the fact that the open eyed one is a little blander all round.

Totally agree about the DX07 heads too, my favourite combo is the BD head with the normal hair.

Any hope of using the extra head and hands to spruce up an old Hasbro Yoda? The only sideshow Yoda I have is the Jedi Master version, and I want to keep him as is.

Kind of - at the bottom of page 138 of this thread I posted a photo of the shut-eye head on a Hasbro Yoda body, but it's the one from the Luke/ Yoda two pack. It more or less fits in the hole but you would have to work out a way of securing it there.

Are these produced in super limited quantities or something? Only Timcent has now raised his price to $333, about a hundred dollars more than he started at.

Sideshow still has him available, but he is sold out a lot of other places. Timcent had him for a reasonable price at first $238. Low for initial HK prices anyhow.

Sideshow still has him available, but he is sold out a lot of other places. Timcent had him for a reasonable price at first $238. Low for initial HK prices anyhow.

I usually buy from Timken and while his prices fluctuate this seems unprecedented as a jump - makes me wonder if Secret Base has sold out or if he's heard quantities are low.

If that is the case then I bet Yoda gets rereleased in a two pack with Luke minus all the other stuff in this release.

It seems like he's been capitalizing more on people wanting figures earlier lately. His prices were more than buying from Sideshow or wherever before but lately he seems really high.

He will also negotiate prices if you contact him. Usually you can get it for his normal prices if you ask.

Back