1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b24d43d9259e01c20515296011c74ace.jpg

Please no photos I take....

I got this guy on Tuesday direct from Hong Kong and he's awesome. I love this little guy...mine doesn't have too much hair on the sides I have to say.
I also didn't remove all of the smaller accessories from the box.
6099ad00fd3d77a514aa45e9c1194fab.jpg
b24d43d9259e01c20515296011c74ace.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

How many fingers am I holding up?

Yeah, those shipping prices are going up. The $20 coupon doesn't even fully cover shipping anymore. :thud:

Anyone here order from Alter Ego or BBTS planning to cancel by any chance?
What's the shipping quote like for you guys?

Looking good. I like that closed eye sculpt, it's full of character.

I received his update from the Ebay Hong Kong seller, wzlucky:

So I backtracked through this thread until I found your post on 3rd April:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170202&p=9186658&viewfull=1#post9186658

Which gives a Hong Kong estimate of roughly 3rd to 18th May.

Seems like a BS. Official online retailer in HK is abc express the last time I heard from HT.

Don't understand why eBay prices are so high for this figure

Attempted inflation of price........Look at any toy on ebay before Xmas.....they try to create the illusion of scarcity.

Just not feeling the sculpt......but I think its the hair makes him really look like some old italian guy....
ecdaed806a0a837930be6109705f360e.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBTS charges me $6-7 to ship from them to me in Los Angeles. Great price.

Nice. Yeah, their super saver shipping is awesome. Sideshow's shipping is like 2/3 a premium format statue, or at least what 2/3 what they used to be, haven't got one in a while so I don't know if their shipping prices went up as well.

$20 coupons don't work so well at BBTS though. And their rewards program leaves something to be desired. For non-CA buyers, Sideshow is still usually the best bet. I've been ordering from AlterEgo a bit as well though.

Don't a few of the perks of BBTS (cancellation policy, bag of loot), but good prices, rewards, occasional coupon, and normal shipping prices.

Nice. Yeah, their super saver shipping is awesome. Sideshow's shipping is like 2/3 a premium format statue, or at least what 2/3 what they used to be, haven't got one in a while so I don't know if their shipping prices went up as well.

You're pretty close. I just had a Joker PF and a 1/6 IM fig ship the same time. The PF was $30, the 1/6 was $20.50.

$20 coupons don't work so well at BBTS though. And their rewards program leaves something to be desired. For non-CA buyers, Sideshow is still usually the best bet. I've been ordering from AlterEgo a bit as well though.

Don't a few of the perks of BBTS (cancellation policy, bag of loot), but good prices, rewards, occasional coupon, and normal shipping prices.

Yeah, I've switched over to AE now. With their new double rewards program and cheaper shipping, they've actually turned out cheaper than Sideshow even with all the rewards. Yoda unfortunately is sold out on both of those and the $20 doesn't even cover his shipping entirely (at least to my location), so if there was one at Alter Ego still available at $10 less pre-order and $7 less on shipping, I would've saved more. Even with BBTS, I think the difference is around $3 so it's getting smaller. The only main factor now that I go with Sideshow is the exclusives and the flexpay option.

I think with their double rewards at AE, they've reduced the amount they're taking off new figures. Used to be up to 8%, or at least $10 on most figures over $200, but the new gunner is only $5 off, or 2.5% off. Curious if it's just that figure or if across the board they'll all get reduced discounts as they make coupons more available on their site.

I think with their double rewards at AE, they've reduced the amount they're taking off new figures. Used to be up to 8%, or at least $10 on most figures over $200, but the new gunner is only $5 off, or 2.5% off. Curious if it's just that figure or if across the board they'll all get reduced discounts as they make coupons more available on their site.

Interesting, I hope it's just that character. Most of the ones have still been $10 off like Spider-Man homecoming, Yoda was $10 difference, and most other ones I've ordered. Death trooper is around $12 I think.

I'm not sure if his face is too fat or it's just that not enough neck is showing. The sculpt just isn't quite there for me.

Edit: watching the movie right now, I think it's the latter.

Last edited:
Back