1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow puts out crazy long release dates for their own figures. And then those often still get delayed. And that's all after it had been shown for months before even being put up for order.

Sideshow puts out crazy long release dates for their own figures. And then those often still get delayed. And that's all after it had been shown for months before even being put up for order.

This is what annoys the hell out of me now. Sometimes it's literally 2-3 years before hot toys or sideshow delivers a figure after the first teased photos.

Drax weeps

People are buying they're GOTGv2 Rockets without knowing if GOTG Drax can sit and pet GOTG Rocket.

Didn't the Batman Returns figure take like 3 years to get into the hands of collectors?
It was teased a long time before the figure was actually shown and went up for pre-order. Once it actually went up for pre-order the wait for it to arrive wasn't that long really. That's a bit of a different situation in my opinion. There are definitely some long waits between pre-order and a figure arriving but at most it's like a year or so. I think the only exception I can think of is Hulkbuster but that's also far from your average figure too.

I will say in defense of Hot Toys that at least with them it's understandable given how much output they do. Sideshow hardly releases anything in comparison yet it still takes them a year or more for each release and half the time their final product still comes out underwhelming.

Drax weeps

People are buying they're GOTGv2 Rockets without knowing if GOTG Drax can sit and pet GOTG Rocket.

And overpaying for them in my opinion. He's going for roughly $200 on SSC, so about the same as Yoda (which in my opinion as a character is worth more than Rocket). The first Rocket went for $160. I'll be sticking with that one. :lol

Agreed, it's way overpriced, and they're just encouraging Hot Toys and Sideshow to keep increasing the cost of these things.

I heard the delay on Yoda was for a change of style. Apparently HT want to do a Sith version.........how awesome is that !!

C6MoawvUoAE4bpc.jpg-large.jpeg

Yep can't use codes or points for waitlisted items, just cold hard cash.
Part of me wonders if this is the reason why Hot Toys figures seem to turn to waitlist so quickly these days only for a large amount to mysteriously be found after a bunch of people jump on the list.

Sideshow is to blame. They went with early Q1 so they could steal extra flex pay $$ and put it in their savings account for that .06% interest when they knew along along that it would be late Q1 Hong Kong release. Bunch of greedy dicks.
TonTon, put your order in, not designated 'flex-pay,' then when they send the alert email that the order will be processed in a week or two, call them to switch to FP plan.

TonTon, put your order in, not designated 'flex-pay,' then when they send the alert email that the order will be processed in a week or two, call them to switch to FP plan.

Was just messing around. I do have this one on full pay as I'd be too impatient to put it on flex after it's been released. Just waiting for it show up already now, hope he comes out well.

I'm hoping the sideshow Yoda body head will fit the hot toys head sculpt for a easy upgrade. Let's hope a LUKE/YODA Dagobah training is next up at this years Comic con.:pray:

Back