1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure those are the delays accounting for that 3-6 month difference, not just SS arbitrarily putting an earlier date. For their own figures, sure, they should know by now, but if Hot Toys tells them Q1 Sideshow puts down Jan-Mar 2018 until they hear different. The occasional figure does get released on time or gets released early.

I think one thing to keep in mind with Hot Toys is the sheer amount of volume they put out though too. The delays are understandable even though they do suck.

Yes, children are being born today who were conceived on the day this was announced. But I don't think it's the biggest delay ever, it just seems like it because everyone believed that blog which had it for last september. Plus it's Chinese New Year. I bet we see it in HK immediately afterwards.

I just wish all 1/6 companies would adopt a simple policy: don't PO a figure until it's 6 months or less from ship date (preferably four months or less,) and reveal/preview a figure no more than a couple of months before PO.

For example, the very first Sideshow SW 1/6 figure shipped within four months of PO date - and things have gone downhill in a major way from there. A year is common, as much as 18 months not uncommon, even on SSC's new lame-o policy of re-releasing old figures.

Dengar: rumored and confirmed late 2015, finally revealed July 2016, PO'ed late December 2016, ship date March 2018, likely delayed ship date (based on Luke Snowspeeder etc.) May 2018. Total time from reveal to in-hand: 22 months.

Even HT, who used to be pretty prompt with the reveal to ship date window, seems to also be going down the "extended wait" road (yes, it has indeed been SIX MONTHS since the Snowie Commander and Gonk droid were revealed, and still no word on a PO.)

It does seem that we may be approaching a time where two years may pass from very first preview to in-hand, and it's just unacceptable, especially considering how much prices have exploded in the past few years. Paying way more AND waiting way longer is just not something that computes in my mind.

It does seem that we may be approaching a time where two years may pass from very first preview to in-hand, and it's just unacceptable, especially considering how much prices have exploded in the past few years.

You'll pay $450 and wait for it for 18 months! That's the future.

Oh, and NRDs will increase next to 20% the cost.

Patience is a virtue. It's part of the hobby, blah blah blah..... Truth of the matter is that these 15 month waits are making this hobby less fun, for me anyway. The 6 month rule sounds good to me.

"The boy ..." (ahem) "...all these grown men have no patience."

Presumably they're trying to make OT fans give a second thought to the Rogue One figures.

Presumably they're trying to make OT fans give a second thought to the Rogue One figures.

Well if they think they are going to bore me into buying Captain Phasma it's not gonna to work.

I would be happy with a 6 month window like it used to be. Time enough to be excited for a while and just when it starts to wane, the figure arrives to re-invigorate you.

I can't tell you how many figures I was excited about but by the time I received it I was kind of over it.

Yoda will likely be one of those. And any RO stuff I may buy.

It's funny what a really incredible figure can do though. Chewie wasn't any less exciting cause of the delay. And even Han was a great figure to get, and it was like getting a new figure again for those that liked the Jnix sculpt. Once the figure is released in Hong Kong and the "blogger" photos come out, I think that excitement is completely renewed if the figure turns out well. Chewie being the weird X-factor in that regard.

The handful of figures that quickly wore out their welcome were sold off, but it was fun to check them out--except the TFA snowtrooper, I think I lost $70 on that one. :slap

I have to admit that I just enjoy refreshing the collection. I think someone else, maybe Khev, pointed out that in a way he was just renting some of his figures. Buy it, display it for a year or a few years and then move on to some others. Keeps it fun, especially if space is a concern.

I like when the release of a figure happens to coincide roughly the time its respective film is still in theaters, even if it's at the end of its theater life. Kylo Ren was one of these, BvS Superman arrived at SSC I think exactly the same day the UE of BvS was released, AoU Captain America released in the States while AoU was still in theaters, etc.

I can't think of many products where you have to wait up to 2 years to get it in-hand.

Not sure consumers who tolerate that are "patient" - maybe "no-choice" with a twist of "obsessed-enough-to-still-buy-it" is a better description.:lol

I'm going to see RO a final time this weekend. It seems to have faded away so fast.:slap

It made about half what TFA did worldwide, which I guess still makes it a huge hit, but more in the "normal blockbuster" category.

I'm with you guys. I'm always tempted to order from Hong Kong to get it those 5 weeks earlier while the excitement for the figure is at its peak but I'm too damn cheap.

I just picked up the Sandtrooper again with that $50 code and free shipping and am more impressed this go round. At the time it was released I'd just gotten Luke Stormtrooper and the Spacetrooper and it was just. "Oh, and here's another Stormtrooper." I think that's a case where they should have been spaced out much better.

It's a weird business model but as others have said, the volume HT is putting out these days is pretty hefty. They know certain characters will always sell--Yoda isn't going to suffer from a delay whereas all that TFA/RO stuff will start rotting the shelves once the new outfits are revealed from episode 8. I do sort of think we were spoiled by the rapid release of the ANH figures.

But there are always things that are shown far in advance. Ever buy a video game? They tease those things at shows the same way. It's not like anyone is making you pay them 2 years before the figure comes out. If anything they're just trying to keep people from losing interest. If there weren't those previews like the Commander and Gunner what would we be waiting for or anticipating? Everything else is up for order.

I think they also use the time to gauge interest and better plan on production numbers. But it's a vicious circle. The longer the time the less impulse purchases. I don't know. It is unfortunately what it is. We can't really influence anything I guess.

The delay is kind of frustrating. I'd actually prefer if it, if they just in a to be further noticed or put out a further ship date. If it comes in early, then they look good and it makes customers happy. They keep emailing us that it'll be out in December, January, February, and now March. If they had announced that it was pushed back until June, and they released it in April, we're all excited that it's coming sooner than what we thought.

Back