1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont typically mind delays but I have an empty Detolf shelf in anticipation for this guy.

I just think that when they have a plate full of DC, Marvel, Star Wars which are all heavy hitters and amount to a lot of figures there are going to be delays. Then factoring in whatever other lines they take on aside from those. Hot Toys definitely puts out a lot more than any other company producing 1/6th figures and while delays may be hard to accept I understand why they happen.

I just think that when they have a plate full of DC, Marvel, Star Wars which are all heavy hitters and amount to a lot of figures there are going to be delays. Then factoring in whatever other lines they take on aside from those. Hot Toys definitely puts out a lot more than any other company producing 1/6th figures and while delays may be hard to accept I understand why they happen.

It feels like it's going to be feast or famine with OT figures.

I have a feeling this figure will be spectacular. Im calling it now.
The wait sucks -yes but my TFA Luke was delayed 3 months also.

I have a feeling this figure will be spectacular. Im calling it now.
The wait sucks -yes but my TFA Luke was delayed 3 months also.

All I'm hoping is that the accessories and costume parts have been scaled up from the 1/10 they've shown in promo pics, up to proper 1/6.

For me, Littlest Pet Shop-scaled pouches, crates and lanterns would be a bit of a bummer on a $200 Yoda.

It feels like it's going to be feast or famine with OT figures.
Well look at the incredible output of Original Trilogy figures last year alone. All of the main cast plus a couple Trooper variants from A New Hope plus Boba Fett. Plus on top of that they were on top of figures from The Force Awakens.

You could be right about the scale !! On the Sideshow website it says HT Yoda is 13cm tall. Budget Stark also mentions this height in his video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb-JYU8cIdc

This picture (from the Star Wars website itself !) clearly shows Yoda as tall as R2's blue "eye". Taking my Sideshow R2D2 as reference, that should make Yoda around 17cm tall. That's a fair difference...

open-uri20150608-27674-f0y4i6_8d12dde4.jpeg

Could this be the reason for the delay ?
Are they just using an existing body which is not tall enough ?
Is the height just measured with him hunched over walking ?
Was Jim Hensons arm just too high up in that photo ?

I haven't read this entire thread, so this topic may have already been discussed, but interesting find Talibane....

All I'm hoping is that the accessories and costume parts have been scaled up from the 1/10 they've shown in promo pics, up to proper 1/6.

For me, Littlest Pet Shop-scaled pouches, crates and lanterns would be a bit of a bummer on a $200 Yoda.

Are you really going by one photo to gauge Yoda's height?

This is where problems begin.

You'll never get a proper scaled Yoda because the conversion would make him 2.2 inches tall, and they just can't make something that small and put clothes on it... and get $200 for it. No matter how many trees and rocks they include.

This is why they should have released him in a two pack with Luke. If Yoda doesn't fit in a Hasbro backpack then no sale.

Yeah, Yoda's height varies a bit in ESB, and in many of the iconic pics, he's actually "sitting." As far as I can tell (I built a custom Yoda) he's a bit over 12cm sitting, and about 14cm standing.

The scale issues I am talking about is Yoda's belt pouch, the lantern, the flashlight and the crate all being quite noticeably wrongly scaled compared to the Yoda figure. For example, the lantern is about half the size it should be, as is his belt pouch.

I'm really hoping this fig will be like HT Vader - where they did a bit of rebooting between the proto and prod figure. Not a huge fan of this HT Yoda so far - the sculpt is quite nice, but pretty chubby/jowly and the sculpted hair seems really prominent (though I love they did an eyes-closed sculpt.) So I'm in "wait and see" mode, hoping for a pleasant surprise given the delay.

I'm with you guys. I'm always tempted to order from Hong Kong to get it those 5 weeks earlier while the excitement for the figure is at its peak but I'm too damn cheap.

I just picked up the Sandtrooper again with that $50 code and free shipping and am more impressed this go round. At the time it was released I'd just gotten Luke Stormtrooper and the Spacetrooper and it was just. "Oh, and here's another Stormtrooper." I think that's a case where they should have been spaced out much better.

It's a weird business model but as others have said, the volume HT is putting out these days is pretty hefty. They know certain characters will always sell--Yoda isn't going to suffer from a delay whereas all that TFA/RO stuff will start rotting the shelves once the new outfits are revealed from episode 8. I do sort of think we were spoiled by the rapid release of the ANH figures.

But there are always things that are shown far in advance. Ever buy a video game? They tease those things at shows the same way. It's not like anyone is making you pay them 2 years before the figure comes out. If anything they're just trying to keep people from losing interest. If there weren't those previews like the Commander and Gunner what would we be waiting for or anticipating? Everything else is up for order.

I totally agree with you. Wouldn't there have been more excitement over, say, Resistance Rey, if she'd been released much later after the standard version was still on sale? (Even though she's already sold out I know...) And will there be that much excitement next year around TLJ when RO figures finally ship? Who will still care about Harley Quinn and The Joker from Suicide Squad next Christmas?

I was so glad to see QMX announce Dr. McCoy a few weeks ago planning on a late March release. That is less than two month away! Now we're talking!

Then again, maybe HT has bitten more than it can chew.

Yoda is pretty small. He's only up to the middle of Luke's thigh (approximately) so there's no way he'd be close to the same height as R2.

He must have been standing on a log or a box when he was fighting our favorite trash can for the lamp.
55c2033e716631f5225276acf6fab2ea.jpg

bfa051cdcff9e52afd19c4c56f5aa6d9.jpg

484ab0d019a45447dedcb203d88e2d06.jpg

e1a5700e2a59409e9d7cd7c4cf6dfedf.jpg

768836d370e95cf6bd45de0793d12a60.jpg

b0a71bc0756c33cd34b0523252bf43d2.jpg

That is absolutely ridiculous. Why Hot Toys would ever even think about doing that to Yoda is beyond me. What do they think he is the Hulk? Atrocious.

Back