1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I painted my Medicom years ago and in doing so learnt quite a bit about the original puppet and it's painting. Basically they did the reverse of normal weathering and painted darker areas on the highpoints/bumps, and bright powdery white/pale colors in the wrinkles and crevices, the total opposite of what would be normal.
It's because it came from a latex mold and was powdered to give it that old skin look.
Unfortunately HT didn't do this in anyway. And sticking those white fibres on top of the sculpted hair is awful.
IMO.

I painted my Medicom years ago and in doing so learnt quite a bit about the original puppet and it's painting. Basically they did the reverse of normal weathering and painted darker areas on the highpoints/bumps, and bright powdery white/pale colors in the wrinkles and crevices, the total opposite of what would be normal.
It's because it came from a latex mold and was powdered to give it that old skin look.
Unfortunately HT didn't do this in anyway. And sticking those white fibres on top of the sculpted hair is awful.
IMO.

Can you put up some pics of your medicom?

Can you put up some pics of your medicom?

This was before I added hair. Have a Google though, there are some wonderful repaints out there.
And some with really great hair.
:lol
1-97_zpsc24394bf.jpg
2-82_zps03ba7958.jpg

That will be the reason why HT's delayed yoda until now because they had to unpack all yodas to put his hair on
Its probably true as well

Hopefully they painted the sculpted hair, cuz the glued on hair looks like it'll fall out at the slightest touch. It's almost a certainty considering the type of glue Hot Toys is fond of using.

I like it. Glad I preordered. He's a grail so I would've found some way to get him no matter what.

HE LOOKS AMAZING!!!!! Cant wait until he arrives!!! held off on every Yoda for years for a HTs version and this was well worth the wait!!! :)

I personally think it looks pretty good. Didn't initially notice though that the hair appeared to simply be glued on top of the sculpted hair. Didn't notice the dirt effect in the crevices on his head, either. However, neither really bother me. Hair on top of the sculpted hair on this figure looks better than just sculpted hair, in my opinion.

He'd be a great addition to the clean DX07 Bespin Luke figure, but not for $200+. I'll probably wait for deals.

These minor nits won't mean much when the sculpt is in hand and the size of your thumb.

My only nits: 1) the extra case and lantern still look scaled to Yoda rather than scaled to Luke (as they should be) but whatever, and 2) Yoda seems a bit dark but that seems par for the course with HT skin tone in general.

Been a long time since I picked up a 4" figure, should be fun.

So glad I PO this so long ago :lol payment plans are all payed, just waiting to get him :clap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The eyes are too squinted and not expressive, he looks far too neat and not old enough. The closed eye sculpt is alright tho. But what happened with the nose? :lol

Sticking with my custom, tho I dig the hair.

Back