1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I ordered yoda and even happier that he has finally released!!! Now the wait for his arrival in the states

The green noise is screen accurate, it's not a problem.

HT has cleanly painted the nose as a separate, uniform color of green, making the nose stand out from the rest of the face/head, and that is not screen accurate. It's all supposed to be the same color with weathering/shading throughout. The nose is no different.

But it only clearly shows in the huge close-up HT pics, so it's not a big deal.

HT has cleanly painted the nose as a separate, uniform color of green, making the nose stand out from the rest of the face/head, and that is not screen accurate. It's all supposed to be the same color with weathering/shading throughout. The nose is no different.

But it only clearly shows in the huge close-up HT pics, so it's not a big deal.

Please look the noise.

I really love the second (closed eye) head sculpt and feel if I purchased Yoda it would be the one I would use. Main head looks too “fresh and young” and I’m not seeing the used, aged Yoda that I remember from ESB. Remember guys Yoda was ugly cute. This one is just cute

I don't know. It's still looking too much like an oversized Hasbro action figure to me, with how perfect and overly symmetrical it is compared to the much more expressive puppet from ESB with it's crooked and lopsided features. Which for me was always a big part in what made him seem so believable and real.

Much like Vader doesn't look right when he's perfectly symmetrical, neither does Yoda in my view.

Yoda_old.jpg

yoda.jpg

So nice, yet so expensive. :(

If I would buy figures to represent the franchise, it would be this release for sure (together with the Rogue One Darth Vader).

:lol

Seriously though I've been excited about HT doing a Yoda for years.
I'm not even gonna buy this. The eye closed sculpt is nice enough everything else is pretty piss poor IMO.

I was wavering with my preorder for awhile with the delays and questioning what kind of Star Wars display I wanted with space at capacity. But I stuck with our little green friend here and am very thankful I did. I applaud HT for going the extra mile with the real hair. He looks great. Hopefully it won't be too long now for Sideshow to start fulfilling orders.

It looks like they glued the hair on top of the sculpted hair in some shots.

17635503_10154344592812344_6270051827481437263_o.jpg

Yeah you can definitely see it here. Looks like they just painted what was going to be the hair green and glued some hairs on top. Hmmm...

Also not sure whey they added dirt to his crevices. That's not movie accurate:

Yoda%20-%20ESB.jpg

I think it looks pretty damn good. Can't wait to get him and finally use the reserved space for him in my Detolf.

Back