1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been flip flopping over which SW figures to add to my collection and decided to put this on PO, sticking with OT figures. I managed to get by without ordering any TFA figures and will maybe get K-2SO from RO.

I've been flip flopping over which SW figures to add to my collection and decided to put this on PO, sticking with OT figures. I managed to get by without ordering any TFA figures and will maybe get K-2SO from RO.

I've been through a whole 12-back run, then completist thing and basically my shelf ended up with far too many beige, grey and white figures. Now I'm only getting what I like, regardless of whether it fits with anything else. Shelf looks great.

Yeah, I can see how things start looking the same with shelves full of white figures, etc.; the new troopers are great but not iconic, which helps keep me on the OT path. Till now I haven't ordered R5-D4, but will tonight as a Christmas present to myself.

Wow, looks like Springtime in Dagobah. Release pushed back an entire quarter? March/April in US.

No respect for the elders.:lol Guess they really want to push out the new stuff.

It was never pushed back, Yoda was always listed as a Q1 Hong Kong release (Jan - March) from day one.

Wow, looks like Springtime in Dagobah. Release pushed back an entire quarter? March/April in US.

No respect for the elders.:lol Guess they really want to push out the new stuff.

Hopefully I get some sideshow gift cards for the Christmas so I can get this guy preordered. On a side note, this is all I think about now when I see Yoda

It was never pushed back, Yoda was always listed as a Q1 Hong Kong release (Jan - March) from day one.

I was referring to the US release date which WAS pushed back 2 months.

"We are writing today to inform you that we have recently received information from Hot Toys. We originally expected delivery of this item into our warehouse Jan - Feb 2017. However, with the updated information provided to us by Hot Toys, we are now expecting your item to arrive into our warehouse Mar - Apr 2017.

We apologize for the delay but we wanted to make sure we kept you updated on your item's status."

Last edited:
Despite wishing HT opted for rooted hair with this figure as opposed to sculpted hair, I'm seriously contemplating picking this up at some point. I need a Yoda in my SW collection. I also want to build a little ESB collection centered around my DX07, so this would go great with it. And an ESB Vader.

Never, ever, ever listen to SSC Hot Toys release dates, as they are way too optimistic and are almost always inaccurate. Sideshow should just list the same release time frame Hot Toys provides instead of making up their own only to change it later. Go by Hot Toys Hong Kong release and then add 4-6 weeks to come stateside. Hot Toys Yoda HK release estimate has never changed (Q1 2017 so anytime between Jan - Mar), so we'll probably get Yoda in North America sometime in April/May.

I was referring to the US release date which WAS pushed back 2 months.

"We are writing today to inform you that we have recently received information from Hot Toys. We originally expected delivery of this item into our warehouse Jan - Feb 2017. However, with the updated information provided to us by Hot Toys, we are now expecting your item to arrive into our warehouse Mar - Apr 2017.

We apologize for the delay but we wanted to make sure we kept you updated on your item's status."

Well I think SSC does that for the flex payments. It's kind of seedy tho.

Never, ever, ever listen to SSC Hot Toys release dates, as they are way too optimistic and are almost always inaccurate. Sideshow should just list the same release time frame Hot Toys provides instead of making up their own only to change it later. Go by Hot Toys Hong Kong release and then add 4-6 weeks to come stateside. Hot Toys Yoda HK release estimate has never changed (Q1 2017 so anytime between Jan - Mar), so we'll probably get Yoda in North America sometime in April/May.

Won't Chinese New Year push it back to March?

Hey guys,

Do you think the Sideshow Mentor Jedi with a repaint can feed my need of a Yoda on my shelves ? I can have him for 80 bucks. :/

The HT looks pretty good to me btw but the price...

Thanks !

I don't know how you would feel...

I, myself, am doubting....

I have a Yoda kitbash, with SSC Yoda Mentor sculpt, hands and body. I am using Yoda Master clothes, slightly customized, I could weather them further someday...

And I have added simulated rooted hair. Yoda's hair is so little and so messy that just putting there some white wool, seems to work.

I am pretty happy with Yoda as is. The only thing I am wondering about now is the repaint way.

image (2).jpg

I managed to get all of the above for 100 USD aprox. and I don't see myself upgrading my Yoda to the Hot Toys, mostly because of the headsculpt.

I don't know how you would feel...

I, myself, am doubting....

I have a Yoda kitbash, with SSC Yoda Mentor sculpt, hands and body. I am using Yoda Master clothes, slightly customized, I could weather them further someday...

And I have added simulated rooted hair. Yoda's hair is so little and so messy that just putting there some white wool, seems to work.

I am pretty happy with Yoda as is. The only thing I am wondering about now is the repaint way.

View attachment 312482

I managed to get all of the above for 100 USD aprox. and I don't see myself upgrading my Yoda to the Hot Toys, mostly because of the headsculpt.

Damn, he looks pretty good ! Nice job.

I've seen a repaint on the net before where he looks very nice... I think I will go with the SSC one's and customise him.

Really nice Luke BTW. :)

Back