1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure is amazing, I just hate seeing so many negative comments consistently after all of you have been hoping for a Yoda ever since the line was announced. Really sad to see.... at least wait until in hand pics.

The figure is amazing, I just hate seeing so many negative comments consistently after all of you have been hoping for a Yoda ever since the line was announced. Really sad to see.... at least wait until in hand pics.

Yep, everytime, its the circle of life

I am sorry if I overcritized. I was trying to make up my mind about sticking with my Sideshow or jumping on this one, and wanted to point out and measure pros and cons.

It is clear to me that if you have no Yoda, this is the one to go.

Do... or do not.... BEECH!

75481389-yoda-winner-for-best-fight-award-with-gettyimages.jpg

I am so happy to have this figure coming in the near future, this is a major player that is needed to complete a hot toys Star Wars collection. Maybe it isn't 100% perfect but it looks super great to me and I couldn't be happier...best 1/6 yoda ever by the looks of it

The only Yoda that even comes sort of close is that one with the green noodle hair, but that one is said to have a glaring flaw. I just can't seem to recall the specific issue.

Anything else that comes close has been heavily customized.

I think the Yoda sculpts are pretty impressive, and once he's available people will be buying the hell out of him.

Just go back and look at the first Leia comments and you will see 'generic looking woman' etc.

The hair is the biggest problem.....just looks wrong without the wispy hair (to me)

Just go back and look at the first Leia comments and you will see 'generic looking woman' etc.

Yeh but the first pics of Leia were terrible. Five minutes later everyone was singing praises when some higher quality photos were posted.

I think Yoda looks very good, perhaps not perfect, or quite worth the money, but I am planning on getting him at some point.

This proto sculpt pic is the best one I've seen for likeness so far. Mmm... getting tempted to pull the trigger on this one as well now, my poor wallet!:slap

I am so happy to have this figure coming in the near future, this is a major player that is needed to complete a hot toys Star Wars collection. Maybe it isn't 100% perfect but it looks super great to me and I couldn't be happier...best 1/6 yoda ever by the looks of it

I concur.

As I've mentioned, the figure overall is pretty good and probably is indeed the best 1/6 Yoda available. I really would like to have a Yoda in my SW collection and I was looking forward to an ESB Yoda, but I just don't like it quite enough to convince myself to spend $200 on it; it's just not worth that much to me personally.

Hi everyone,

I will go to the Tokyo Omocha Show tomorrow and will stop to the Hot Toys booth. I will try to take some pictures if there is a display version of Yoda ;)

Hi everyone,

I will go to the Tokyo Omocha Show tomorrow and will stop to the Hot Toys booth. I will try to take some pictures if there is a display version of Yoda ;)

I was able to go the Hot Toys booth but unfortunately only already released figures like Luke, Han or Leia were displayed. No sign of Rey or Yoda... I will keep an eye on the Toy Sapiens store here if they receive a display version soon.

I was able to go the Hot Toys booth but unfortunately only already released figures like Luke, Han or Leia were displayed. No sign of Rey or Yoda... I will keep an eye on the Toy Sapiens store here if they receive a display version soon.

Thank you.

I'm not sure if this was brought up yet but to me the biggest thing off are Yoda's ears. They should be more stretched out and not shooting upward. Also his left ear has a very unique curve/point to it at the tip.

View attachment 267612

View attachment 267613

I could be wrong and it maybe the angle of the first image or me being picky lol :dunno

I think that's just an angle issue. If you look at the bend on "his" left ear, the sculpt is pretty much bang on. His right also seems pretty accurate on the sculpt IMO, if you look at the shape of the inner part. The area I'm most concerned about is the cheeks, they droop which aren't like Yoda's at all. That should be an easy fix if they do amend the sculpt though.

I'm just trying to think where he would sit in my detolfs. Maybe with Obi Wan? Hmm, I don't think so. They were never on screen together until they were dead.

Maybe he could stand in front of Pilot Luke, in some sort of vision of guidance to a future rebel hero kind of sense?

I dunno. I just don't see where he can go... With R2 and Threepio? He really can't sit on a shelf by himself. Dagobah Luke is the only answer, and I think a lot of us are already Luke'd out.

Who can figure it out. Am I getting warmer?

#LukeWarm

I'm just trying to think where he would sit in my detolfs. Maybe with Obi Wan? Hmm, I don't think so. They were never on screen together until they were dead.

Maybe he could stand in front of Pilot Luke, in some sort of vision of guidance to a future rebel hero kind of sense?

I dunno. I just don't see where he can go... With R2 and Threepio? He really can't sit on a shelf by himself. Dagobah Luke is the only answer, and I think a lot of us are already Luke'd out.

Who can figure it out. Am I getting warmer?

#LukeWarm

I think with R2 is the way to go. Probably how I will display him since I don't have 3PO to go with R2.

I think with R2 is the way to go. Probably how I will display him since I don't have 3PO to go with R2.

so it'll be like the child size section of the detolf, maybe there can be a kid's table with juice and cookies. We can throw the Jawas in there too flopping around and in the back have a sign of a dewback turd that says "you must be this tall to ride the rancor".

Back