1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone unstitched the bottom of the outer-robe to give it the tattered look like the prototype?

Kinda want to pick this guy up. Does the sculpted hair look good if I remove the glued on stuff?

Rooted hair was the way to go with this figure I think, but I'll personally take glued on rooted hair over sculpted hair. You can still futz the glued on rooted hair a bit to frizz it out.

Rooted hair was the way to go with this figure I think, but I'll personally take glued on rooted hair over sculpted hair. You can still futz the glued on rooted hair a bit to frizz it out.

It looks ok, but I've heard people saying it comes off easily. I was just gonna remove it to avoid the hassle

Kinda want to pick this guy up. Does the sculpted hair look good if I remove the glued on stuff?

Mine came right off when I was modding the ears. I prefer it over the poor job HT did with the glued on hair clippings.

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0660.jpg

so I ended up eating up my words and getting this Yoda.

This figure is expensive, no doubt.

It is very well built, articulation feels awesome, excrpt for the neck that needs to be modded at the back.

The sculpt is a pity, with this quality of paintapps it could have been perfect.

I still cannot see Yoda when I look the figure from the front, but it looks pretty awesome from the profile.

That's where the likeness jumps out, IMHO.

I added some wool to the hair for a more messy effect.

IMG_2646.JPG

I’m very happy that I am over my “desire” to purchase Yoda. In the end he is not of my collection. Its a good feeling when the voices in each ear agree with each other….

angeldevil.jpg

so I ended up eating up my words and getting this Yoda.

This figure is expensive, no doubt.

It is very well built, articulation feels awesome, excrpt for the neck that needs to be modded at the back.

The sculpt is a pity, with this quality of paintapps it could have been perfect.

I still cannot see Yoda when I look the figure from the front, but it looks pretty awesome from the profile.

That's where the likeness jumps out, IMHO.

I added some wool to the hair for a more messy effect.

View attachment 355906

Nice touch with the wool.

thank you guys.

I just took a bit of wool from a blanket, and mixed it with the glued hair a bit, combing the hair and the wool slowly using one of these:

IMG_2668.JPG

Just ordered this, all the reward points I got over the weekend were burning a hole in my pocket.

Got a great deal on ebay I just couldn't pass up... so he's finally mine.

I expected a week to ship but he showed up today! 2 days from Florida.

I got the curly white hair so I believe its V2. Fun little guy. The robe impresses me more than I thought. Figuring out how to make him stand is a chore with all the little tiny cut joints swiveling around. Wish the feet pivoted. The sculpt is, as everyone has said, very nice -- the closed eyes if phenomenal. It's a nice little figure but it does seem like a box full of accessories.

Got a great deal on ebay I just couldn't pass up... so he's finally mine.

I expected a week to ship but he showed up today! 2 days from Florida.

I got the curly white hair so I believe its V2. Fun little guy. The robe impresses me more than I thought. Figuring out how to make him stand is a chore with all the little tiny cut joints swiveling around. Wish the feet pivoted. The sculpt is, as everyone has said, very nice -- the closed eyes if phenomenal. It's a nice little figure but it does seem like a box full of accessories.

:yess:

Definitely a V2 head and judging by the right elbow tear, it is a V2 robe but (maybe it's just the pics) most V2 robes had more staining across the lower portion of the robe.

Back