1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Ep.VII - Finn (Stormtrooper Ver.) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not too hard to throw one together using the normal FO trooper and a regular Finn head, if you still want one on your shelf.
I'm always iffy on weathering/painting things personally. I either won't have it or will see if I can get it secondhand for a reasonable price someday.

I'm always iffy on weathering/painting things personally. I either won't have it or will see if I can get it secondhand for a reasonable price someday.

I only permanently changed two items. The helmet, which had the blood painted on, and the Finn head, which i painted the sweat onto.
A similar look can be done to the head non-permanently by using latex very lightly applied.
The rest of the weathering was watered pastels which could be wiped off if needed later.

0EA42310-11F1-4579-A286-54ED78F02414.jpg

D22E5A6C-F0E3-4034-9773-4EA35C00920E.jpg

523A7622-55A1-4189-91CC-FB3C8D2B5A9F.jpg

34442133-F976-4E3C-B6DF-48E561B5C280.jpg

714E09EC-D2D5-477E-A6AA-2E2E0BBD9CA7.jpg

Does anyone know of a good tool for removing barbell head pegs from head sculpts? (Finn's head sculpt in this case) My needle nose pliers don't grip it tight enough, even after heating up the head with a hair dryer. I need something to get under the end of the peg and yank it up...

Does anyone know of a good tool for removing barbell head pegs from head sculpts? (Finn's head sculpt in this case) My needle nose pliers don't grip it tight enough, even after heating up the head with a hair dryer. I need something to get under the end of the peg and yank it up...

The best way to do it is to grip the thin part of the peg, then lever it against the back of the headsculpt to pop it out.

Just to update, got the cancellation email on my waitlist yesterday so 2ndary market or custom is only way...

Stormtrooper Finn sold out fairly quickly from the only distributor in Australia who got them in.

Glad I got mine ordered from them before they sold out.

Only option is inflated eBay prices now if you want the real deal....

What are they going for on the secondary market? I have only found one listing on ebay.

Everyone who missed out on getting a Finn in Stormtrooper gear went straight to eBay to buy one which is why there is only one listing left ($334.00 USD)

There were 4-5 listings on eBay for him but as soon as everyone who was on the wait list orders didn't convert they went to eBay.

That i what I reckon happened anyways.

Cancelled as well. It's happened to me many times before in the past few years, usually moreso on the exclusive limited items. No biggie though, wasn't a must-have but definitely a nice option. If the after-market prices ever drop close to retail, I might consider him up but I'd be cool with the Poe jacket outfit since he wears that for the majority of the film. Where is Poe anyhow....?

Cancelled as well. It's happened to me many times before in the past few years, usually moreso on the exclusive limited items. No biggie though, wasn't a must-have but definitely a nice option. If the after-market prices ever drop close to retail, I might consider him up but I'd be cool with the Poe jacket outfit since he wears that for the majority of the film. Where is Poe anyhow....?

If Poe was to be made it would only be in his x-wing outfit as his other costume from the start of the film looks too similar to Finn's with the jacket and all.

Back