1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Sneaky Mark XV (Retro Armor Ver) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, be careful with the base as the color will easily flake off the edges and reveal the silver foil underneath the print :-(

IMG_0129.jpg

Just been packing up for my move and decided to do a versus shoot:

Attachments

• IMG_3089.JPG
    IMG_3089.JPG
    581.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3091.jpg
    IMG_3091.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_3092.JPG
    IMG_3092.JPG
    643.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3095.JPG
    IMG_3095.JPG
    631.5 KB · Views: 149
Nice pickup! I’ve told this story before and I feel like telling it again. Being that I’ve been collecting HT IM as my primary figures since Avengers 1, IM3’s HPP’s number of armors was staggering but I still wanted (and want) to collect them all. Of course, like everyone, I had a few favorites (like top 3-5) out of the 35 armors introduced in IM3. Sneaky was right there at or near the top (as favorites change time to time) and when the regular on was announced, put up for PO and finally released I was so ecstatic!

Unfortunately, then I received the figure. I can’t explain the letdown the original one was as I was loving every picture, prototype, mock-up, art, etc. of the armor. In my mind I thought that Sneaky was basically an armor that was modeled like a stealth fighter (combination of the F-117A and the F-22) but the figure arrived and I almost felt like I got punked. Now I can, without a doubt, realize what my issue with the OG was; it was the paint scheme. As soon as the retro was shown and available for PO, I jumped on it immediately and, while it looses some of that “stealth fighter look” it makes up with a beautiful paint job, excellent articulation and a neat little stand with gold colored nameplate!

Congrats on getting this awesome repaint, be sure to post pictures when you have time.

Nice pickup! I’ve told this story before and I feel like telling it again. Being that I’ve been collecting HT IM as my primary figures since Avengers 1, IM3’s HPP’s number of armors was staggering but I still wanted (and want) to collect them all. Of course, like everyone, I had a few favorites (like top 3-5) out of the 35 armors introduced in IM3. Sneaky was right there at or near the top (as favorites change time to time) and when the regular on was announced, put up for PO and finally released I was so ecstatic!

Unfortunately, then I received the figure. I can’t explain the letdown the original one was as I was loving every picture, prototype, mock-up, art, etc. of the armor. In my mind I thought that Sneaky was basically an armor that was modeled like a stealth fighter (combination of the F-117A and the F-22) but the figure arrived and I almost felt like I got punked. Now I can, without a doubt, realize what my issue with the OG was; it was the paint scheme. As soon as the retro was shown and available for PO, I jumped on it immediately and, while it looses some of that “stealth fighter look” it makes up with a beautiful paint job, excellent articulation and a neat little stand with gold colored nameplate!

Congrats on getting this awesome repaint, be sure to post pictures when you have time.

Hey thanks blinguskhan! I'll definitely post some pics.

I appreciate hearing your story. When I first started looking at the HPP figures the Sneaky blurred in with Shotgun and a few of the others and it's only over time that I've begun to appreciate them all individually. The regular version does look good in photos but Xenomorph's video review talks about the blue/grey paint looking a bit 'cheap' so I get where you're coming from. I do like some of the jet fighter style markings on the regular though.

If you don't mind me asking, what were the top armours on your list? I definitely like the unusual colours/designs and also have Igor and Starboost. I'd be all over Hammerhead if they made it.

Hey thanks blinguskhan! I'll definitely post some pics.

I appreciate hearing your story. When I first started looking at the HPP figures the Sneaky blurred in with Shotgun and a few of the others and it's only over time that I've begun to appreciate them all individually. The regular version does look good in photos but Xenomorph's video review talks about the blue/grey paint looking a bit 'cheap' so I get where you're coming from. I do like some of the jet fighter style markings on the regular though.

If you don't mind me asking, what were the top armours on your list? I definitely like the unusual colours/designs and also have Igor and Starboost. I'd be all over Hammerhead if they made it.

Hey man, thanks for the reply and question. First off, yeah I totally agreed with Andre’s (Xenomorph) assessment of the regular Sneaky once I had him in hands; it’s true, the paint on it was cheap.

As far as my list, it has obviously changed over the years, I’m just going to list HPP armors and I’ll leave Sneaky out because it’s hard to place (both versions).
Top 5 HPP armors in no order:
Shotgun
Starboost (was my #1 for awhile)
Disco
Nightclub (I hope they make this in Diecast)
Hammerhead (needs Diecast too) and Hotrod tied

Out of the ones not produced yet, which ones would you buy?

I felt the same about my sneaky. I was so disappointed with it i ended up selling it. Something i never do with my IM figures ( i have close to 40) but the Retro version is one of my favorites. It is someplace in my top ten depending on the day.

I felt the same about my sneaky. I was so disappointed with it i ended up selling it. Something i never do with my IM figures ( i have close to 40) but the Retro version is one of my favorites. It is someplace in my top ten depending on the day.

Yeah man, you’re as IM crazy as me and you felt the same! Glad I’m not the only person that was just totally disappointed with the original. And yeah, the retro version is an awesome figure/package all around.

Congrats on picking him up. If you don't mind me asking where'd you get him from and how much did you pay? Also was he new or used?

Also, don't let my avatar fool you, I don't own this bad boy...missed out on him.

No I don't mind, I got it new, sealed in the shipper from from a seller on ebay. It was £167, minus UK taxes and import duty etc.. With that added on it came to £244 or about $314, which makes it the cheapest Iron Man figure I've bought.

I know of one other new one, sealed in the box but with an open shipper but it's more expensive. I'll PM you the details.

Back