1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Sneaky Mark XV (Retro Armor Ver) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who own this bad boy, how does it feel in hand?

I only currently own 2 Diecasts (IM Mk43, WM IM2) and those feel like absolute beasts in my hand, very premium.

Since this will be the first plastic one I'm considering owning I'm just wondering how a completely plastic Iron Man feels in comparison to a Diecast one? Will it feel like a downgrade?

The diecast figures definitely feel much better in hand. When I take a plastic figure out of the box versus a diecast, I always get the sense that the plastic ones feel cheaper. However, when I have the figures setup and displayed, I can really tell the difference - they looks just as good. Is the extra $80 or so for diecast worth it? To me, it's not. I don't really "play" with my figures. I usually get them in a pose a leave them. In fact, I actually prefer the plastic figures in this regard. They hold their poses much better, especially flight poses.

The diecast figures definitely feel much better in hand. When I take a plastic figure out of the box versus a diecast, I always get the sense that the plastic ones feel cheaper. However, when I have the figures setup and displayed, I can really tell the difference - they looks just as good. Is the extra $80 or so for diecast worth it? To me, it's not. I don't really "play" with my figures. I usually get them in a pose a leave them. In fact, I actually prefer the plastic figures in this regard. They hold their poses much better, especially flight poses.

Great, thanks for your insight! Like I said this might be my first plastic Iron Man, so just trying to decide if I can deal with a non-Diecast figure.

Hey everyone...is this figure still on track for the end of the month? My final payment is set for Feb. 25th, wasn't sure if that was still going to happen or not. :pray:

Like it says a few post back, the last notice we received from SSC was that it was delayed and expected to arrive late FeB/early March .

Back