1/6 Hot Toys - MMS??? - GOTG Vol.2 - Drax the Destroyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need this body type for Drax V2.0 Hot Toys !

Just have him ready for Endgame or GotG Vol 3 and we'll all be happy. [emoji108]

a47cd1ca9727ea1c92e9ae7ce694bab4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lecture

This!

JC likes everything on Instagram.

Yeah I know. Just trying to get some momentum here. And at least the idea is in his head now.

If there is one thing I've learnt its nothing happens in this world unless you do something about it yourself. So the more people that take the 5 seconds to write a comment or press a "like" whatever then the higher chance something might happen.

I guess it's like the lottery. You'll never win unless you go out and buy a ticket.

The new body would look sick on him. I hope they do him and Mantis.

Yeah totally, I ordered a third party Mantis just in case. But a HT version would be great.

It seems the "body" is not generic to Hellboy. i.e looks like they can make the outer shell individual and probably fit it on a standard underbody skeleton. I was just looking at the Instagram video of JC Hong. The outer body shell is lying in the tray in the background. Certainly seems feasible and not extremely expensive or excessively time consuming to create a new body this way for a bare chested figure (like Drax :yess:).

edit : I guess the real challenge would be if the detail of the tattoos can be achieved. Given those veins etc in the Hellboy body I can't see why not. I assume they must be moulding these bodies with more than simple gravity feed to get the detail.

I'd be fine with not bending the arms too much with a seamless body. I'd have him holding his daggers and standing there looking awesome.

IMG_7249.jpg

I really hope the hellboy body turns out that good on mp. That muscle tone looks great.

Most visitors who see my Thor with bare arms comment how awesome the muscle tone looks. Original Hulk also falls into that category.

I honestly think they have progressed with materials as well that they are perhaps not as fragile as they once were. Especially when the cross section is thick compared to say Gamoras arms which I believe had some issues with rough handling/posing.

The lighting on the pic above makes it look great, but even on a standard photo it looks good.

My post # 6666 seems to fit with a Hellboy pic :lol

56301932_419652562198426_8213233719957095523_n.jpg

The traps , shoulders and arms really needed to be beefed up on Drax. I would even take just a thicker arm mold at this point. Don’t see why this is taking so long to get on preorder unless their was an intent to upgrade it or issue with likeness? They did have Drax on display next to star lord soo :/

Makes you wonder doesn't it? If they know to make hellboy this defined then why did they do drax so sloppy. Tbh i have kinda given up on drax at this point. So far i only have starlord. It's kinda sad as gamora isn't looking too good at this point either.

The traps , shoulders and arms really needed to be beefed up on Drax. I would even take just a thicker arm mold at this point. Don’t see why this is taking so long to get on preorder unless their was an intent to upgrade it or issue with likeness? They did have Drax on display next to star lord soo :/

Who knows. With all the controversy over James Gunn and Bautista giving Disney more or less the message he didn't want to work with them any more, I guess HT decided to wait for the dust to settle.

Luckily it's worked out for the best. The GotG 3 script and director remains intakt and I'm assuming Drax will be a significant part in the final chapter. Still some time until that movie comes out though.

Drax may only have a small role in End Game so it might be a waiting game as it seems to always have been with this figure/character.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? If they know to make hellboy this defined then why did they do drax so sloppy. Tbh i have kinda given up on drax at this point. So far i only have starlord. It's kinda sad as gamora isn't looking too good at this point either.

I think their moulding technology has improved since that original Drax. Pretty sure I read somewhere they work with Dow or one of these big chemical companies (as my work does) to get better material and moulding properties etc.

Wonder Womans seamless body was one of the first to show real definition.

With Drax I reckon it all comes down to the tattoo detail and if they can achieve that with their improved process or not.

I think their moulding technology has improved since that original Drax. Pretty sure I read somewhere they work with Dow or one of these big chemical companies (as my work does) to get better material and moulding properties etc.

Wonder Womans seamless body was one of the first to show real definition.

With Drax I reckon it all comes down to the tattoo detail and if they can achieve that with their improved process or not.

That’s what I was wondering, if on one of these softer rubber seamless bodies if they could pull off the tattoos like they did with the Vol 1 Drax. I do see how they sculpted in chest hair on Hellboy so it should be possible. Hopefully we get him.

Let's hope that by the time GotG Vol. 3 rolls around (2022?), Hot Toys will have worked out a way to produce a killer Drax figure.

I guess they need to keep a couple of characters spare for that film too. Plus the obligatory Starlord V3 or V4 if there is an Endgame version. Just wish they could do a Drax now and give him a new pair of pants for GotG 3. :lol

After seeing the movie
Spoiler Spoiler:
and unfortunately i doubt Drax is high on the list

New sculpt makes it ok? I like it but still no update on the body. Disappointing. I'll probably get it just because they'll likely never do it any better.

dra.jpg

Back