1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what happened when it went on waitlist before the lockdown? I wasn?t really invested in it at the time so I have no idea what exactly happened with all that. Care to explain?

When they can't ever get new stocks, the waitlist closes up.
But as long as there's a list, you might get lucky.
As for the lockdown, it's never happened before, but if HT *did* have stocks and it was a lockdown issue closing the waitlist, then someone who was on the waitlist before might get an email after it all blows over. Or they might not...

I don?t think selling 3 for 1 is a good idea. It just seems more like a loss than anything. Do you think that re release will happen?

I wasn't implying you should. You need to juggle what it's worth to you.
You are not willing to spend what it's going for?
Well, in my experience, figures are only worth what you are willing to pay for them.
If it's too high, just wait. In five or six years the price might be more reasonable. Or it could be double.
There are figures they sold ten years ago that are still rare, and figures that all of a sudden are only worth half the original retail.
My instinct says Anakin will always be on the rare side.
Time will tell, though.

Hey everyone. So I landed a deal on a dark side Anakin BUT the box is heavily damaged. Is anyone willing to sell the box alone in good condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if theres been re releases of con exclusives before. This figure was available for a long time and also through other stores besides sideshow so Its not much of a limited release just that most people are sitting on it, its a very nice figure, thus the ridicilous ebay prices.

Probably not a straight re-release, but there's probably a good chance there will be a modified release of both RotS style Anakin and Obi-Wan as later seasons of The Clone Wars versions.

Additional TCW accessories like Obi-Wan's bracers to swap out. The same portraits, maybe with eyes looking in different directions. Maybe even no cloaks to further differentiate the releases.

Probably not a straight re-release, but there's probably a good chance there will be a modified release of both RotS style Anakin and Obi-Wan as later seasons of The Clone Wars versions.

Additional TCW accessories like Obi-Wan's bracers to swap out. The same portraits, maybe with eyes looking in different directions. Maybe even no cloaks to further differentiate the releases.

I don't think there will be alternate CW versions of Anakin and Kenobi. To be honest I am pretty surprised they happened at all. But I guess I shouldn't be. Characters like Rex and Ahsoka have pretty crazy following along with the Jedi and villains.

It's a possibility, and might also depend on how well the early TCW versions sell. But doing late TCW versions of them would satisfy the demand for RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan, and it would be a easy, low cost release with a lot of reused parts which Hot Toys likes doing now with the Star Wars line.

Yeah one of my friends who live in Russia has a family friend who is basically the boss of the factory that produces the hot toys. He had a chance to talk to the CEO of hot toys (he?s a huge fan of ROTS), and asked him if they?ll re-release. Sadly he said no :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this customised beauty for sale on Facebook yesterday. So, if anyone fancies a Samurai Cop Anakin get on it quick before the value triples.

1.jpg2.jpg

Too much hair, looks like singer in a 80s band lol. Also the burned costume doesn't do it for me, its all well done but prefer the original.

Why is the hair so long? It's also $500 lol.

I'm not surprised. I've seen some ugly-*** customs ranging from $500-$1,000+.

Too much hair, looks like singer in a 80s band lol. Also the burned costume doesn't do it for me, its all well done but prefer the original.

He also looks like a drag queen. The face looks like it's covered in make-up and very shiny.

Back