1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eh thought it was worth a shot. It?s crazy how people are selling this for 700 bucks [emoji849] you think it might get re issued? I heard they were taking a waitlist a few months ago and then canceled because of corona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh thought it was worth a shot. It?s crazy how people are selling this for 700 bucks [emoji849] you think it might get re issued? I heard they were taking a waitlist a few months ago and then canceled because of corona

Hey man, its all good, you keep searching for the price you want. Going rate I have seen over the past few months on here and FB groups is around $450, and obviously higher on eBay. At $300, after shipping and fees, the seller will be losing money from MSRP and I do not see that happening too often anytime soon for this figure, even used.

Also just FYI there is an Items Wanted section members are supposed to use if they are looking for something. Also there is probably 0% chance this gets a reissue, it was up for preorder and in stock for almost 2 years. They will probably do a Clone Wars variant though with the same head sculpt at some point.

Hey man, its all good, you keep searching for the price you want. Going rate I have seen over the past few months on here and FB groups is around $450, and obviously higher on eBay. At $300, after shipping and fees, the seller will be losing money from MSRP and I do not see that happening too often anytime soon for this figure, even used.

Also just FYI there is an Items Wanted section members are supposed to use if they are looking for something. Also there is probably 0% chance this gets a reissue, it was up for preorder and in stock for almost 2 years. They will probably do a Clone Wars variant though with the same head sculpt at some point.

Aw man that sucks. I?ve only recently got into collecting like a few weeks ago, and with a new job to fund my collectibles. Thanks for the information though I?ll definitely use that other section. As for the reissue that?s a bummer, I wish I had gotten into collecting sooner. I?m not a huge fan of the clone wars costume, I really love the Jedi robes and that sith sculpt is just amazing. I?ll keep searching and hopefully I can come across something reasonable. Again thanks for the info!

Aw man that sucks. I?ve only recently got into collecting like a few weeks ago, and with a new job to fund my collectibles. Thanks for the information though I?ll definitely use that other section. As for the reissue that?s a bummer, I wish I had gotten into collecting sooner. I?m not a huge fan of the clone wars costume, I really love the Jedi robes and that sith sculpt is just amazing. I?ll keep searching and hopefully I can come across something reasonable. Again thanks for the info!

This might be wort waiting on for 6 or 12 months, it suddenly got really hyped this year, the Ebay prices were ridiculous for a figure that was available at retail for 18 months.
They'll be a new bandwagon next year and people might be looking to off load it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Its all good, welcome aboard the eternal money pit that is Hot Toys. Always new collectors coming in, we all have missed out on stuff. Focus on new stuff coming out or stuff yet to come instead of paying way over retail for older figures, trust me. Please do not spend $400-500 on this guy. Heck, go put that money towards a Hulkbuster or JazzInc Falcon cockpit or something. I have this and it is not worth these crazy prices.

This might be wort waiting on for 6 or 12 months, it suddenly got really hyped this year, the Ebay prices were ridiculous for a figure that was available at retail for 18 months.
They'll be a new bandwagon next year and people might be looking to off load it.

Hmm I can wait to see what happens. What do you mean by off loading though?

Its all good, welcome aboard the eternal money pit that is Hot Toys. Always new collectors coming in, we all have missed out on stuff. Focus on new stuff coming out or stuff yet to come instead of paying way over retail for older figures, trust me. Please do not spend $400-500 on this guy. Heck, go put that money towards a Hulkbuster or JazzInc Falcon cockpit or something. I have this and it is not worth these crazy prices.

Haha yeah this is gonna get really expensive, but it?s something we all enjoy so if it makes us happy why not. And yeah I agree, everyone does miss out on some cool stuff! Honestly the most id be willing to spend is like 300. 400-500 is just crazy to me. Hey but if you?re ever willing to sell and if it?s in good condition let me know!

Hmm I can wait to see what happens. What do you mean by off loading though?

People might have had the " I must get this now" bug as everyone was suddenly after it.
But next year they might want whatever is the latest "must have" figure and decide to sell this Anakin.
I have the normal version of Anakin and there's no way he's worth this year's price. I missed out on getting Tarkin and just accept I won't get one as the prices have risen so much.

People might have had the " I must get this now" bug as everyone was suddenly after it.
But next year they might want whatever is the latest "must have" figure and decide to sell this Anakin.
I have the normal version of Anakin and there's no way he's worth this year's price. I missed out on getting Tarkin and just accept I won't get one as the prices have risen so much.

Oh I see what you?re saying. Yeah that can definitely be a possibility. I?m still hoping that sideshow might make another waitlist for it even though I highly doubt it. The only thing giving me hope that they will is the fact that they had it waitlisted months ago but canceled bc of corona. So maybe they can do it again in a few months??

Also I?m sorry to hear you didn?t get Tarkin. It definitely sucks but maybe one day you?ll come across it!

I'd just search Hot Toys Anakin on eBay and save the search so that you get email notifications for any new listings, may even get lucky and win an auction at a decent price.

Oh I see what you?re saying. Yeah that can definitely be a possibility. I?m still hoping that sideshow might make another waitlist for it even though I highly doubt it. The only thing giving me hope that they will is the fact that they had it waitlisted months ago but canceled bc of corona. So maybe they can do it again in a few months??

Also I?m sorry to hear you didn?t get Tarkin. It definitely sucks but maybe one day you?ll come across it!

Good luck, with the prices of figures you have to be selective on what to get. When you're used to buying the Hasbro 3.75" line you could easily get everyone you wanted, unfortunately not as easy with Hot Toys.

Good luck, with the prices of figures you have to be selective on what to get. When you're used to buying the Hasbro 3.75" line you could easily get everyone you wanted, unfortunately not as easy with Hot Toys.

Oh man that is so true. I recently just bought the Hasbro Hyperreal Darth Vader and he?s amazing. I also got the iron studios Suicide Squad batman.

With hot toys you never know- this stuff goes fast.

The waitlist does not work like that, it was not canceled because of the virus and there is not going to be another waitlist. If you were on the waitlist and finally had it switch over to cancelled or sold out, that just means they sold out completely of the figures set aside for the waitlist as well. Basically, the waitlist is just a queue to join to get in line for any left over figures Sideshow still has to sell. Sideshow always sets some aside for replacement parts for customers who have issues with their figure, and there are also extras from order cancellations either by the customer or a declined credit card. Both of which can happen even months after a figure initially sells out because of the long payment plans. Hope that helps.

The waitlist does not work like that, it was not canceled because of the virus and there is not going to be another waitlist. If you were on the waitlist and finally had it switch over to cancelled or sold out, that just means they sold out completely of the figures set aside for the waitlist as well. Basically, the waitlist is just a queue to join to get in line for any left over figures Sideshow still has to sell. Sideshow always sets some aside for replacement parts for customers who have issues with their figure, and there are also extras from order cancellations either by the customer or a declined credit card. Both of which can happen even months after a figure initially sells out because of the long payment plans. Hope that helps.

Oh okay that makes sense thank you! Man that?s really tough though. Guess I?ll just have to move on :)

The only opportunity you could have with Sideshow is when they randomly "find" stock of sold out figures in their warehouse and send out an e-mail to let their customers know a limited amount is available. Very rare that it happens and the items generally go quick. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The only opportunity you could have with Sideshow is when they randomly "find" stock of sold out figures in their warehouse and send out an e-mail to let their customers know a limited amount is available. Very rare that it happens and the items generally go quick. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Ah well that?s disappointing. Do you own one yourself?

Back