1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is amazing! First, I have to wait more than 4 months for Popcultcha to receive and send my figure. Fine, for such a good price I’ll be patient. Second, my package arrives to the customs on the 26th and hasn’t moved scince. No further information regarding taxes to be paid, nothing. Hopefully it’ll be here before midsummer ��

This is amazing! First, I have to wait more than 4 months for Popcultcha to receive and send my figure. Fine, for such a good price I’ll be patient. Second, my package arrives to the customs on the 26th and hasn’t moved scince. No further information regarding taxes to be paid, nothing. Hopefully it’ll be here before midsummer ��

Same here. It arrived on January 4th in Germany and no movement since then.

Would like to know what takes our customs so long...

Looks like all custom services across Europe are having troubles getting parcels transit situation back to normal. Went thru the same ordeal myself (as well as two other mates from another board). PC confirmed shipment mid december but Anakin only got a flight from Australia after Xmas and hit home a week ago.

Just curious for those who have both, which did you end up preferring overall?

I don't own either one yet, but I'm leaning towards Dark Side Anakin simply due to my perception of the likeness being slightly closer with the enhanced face paint. Both do look great, but I feel that one looks just a bit closer. I would like to eventually get the rest of the prequel figures as well, so I'm not sure if regular Anakin might be a better fit to display them with.

They're both great figures, I personally got dark side one for the base, longer cloak, sith eyes since his fall is such a pivotal twist in the saga, and also the paler facepaint although that one comes down to personal taste.

They're both great figures, I personally got dark side one for the base, longer cloak, sith eyes since his fall is such a pivotal twist in the saga, and also the paler facepaint although that one comes down to personal taste.

Is the face scar more visible, in anyone's opinion, on the dark side sculpt? I noticed on the regular sculpt sometimes it didn't seem as visible as I wanted it to be.

I currently own both versions. I consider them amazing..However, the only annoying thing about the original is the short robe. The only annoying thing about the DS is the lack of standard base with nameplate.
Either way, you will love them both. A must have!

I have the original, but managed to score a dark side version from Popcultcha a few days ago. Someone must have cancelled their preorder and they had one spare, because as soon as I bought it, it was sold out. Pleased to have both, as I couldn’t decide whether to have the robe on or off of the original version, so dark side will have his robe.

I like those subtle museum like base better than these extreme ones with lava etc. mines currently posed with the hood as I’m building a rooted hair ver.

ASDS.jpeg

I think it may just be the photo itself having more color or saturation, thus making the skin appear a bit more tan like the regular version. Could be wrong though and it is indeed the regular version just painted up to have Sith eyes.

Still enjoying this figure, Hot Toys really hit it out of the park with this one.

Only down side is the lack of a standard stand. Although the Lava Droid base really does make up for it...such an awesome piece.

I think it may just be the photo itself having more color or saturation, thus making the skin appear a bit more tan like the regular version. Could be wrong though and it is indeed the regular version just painted up to have Sith eyes.
This is the dark side version. I had a flash torch on when I snapped the pic and lowered the exposure a bit and it came out a bit more saturated. Here's another shot without adjusting the exposure and no extra Snapseed edits 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190117083551184_COVER.jpeg

Just curious for those who have both, which did you end up preferring overall?

I don't own either one yet, but I'm leaning towards Dark Side Anakin simply due to my perception of the likeness being slightly closer with the enhanced face paint. Both do look great, but I feel that one looks just a bit closer. I would like to eventually get the rest of the prequel figures as well, so I'm not sure if regular Anakin might be a better fit to display them with.

I agree w Rayeknor. I prefer the sith version...the expression on his face better lends itself to the dark side anakin and the eyes look REALLY intense...the paler skin gives him a more deathly feel....but the eyes! I’m reminded of the scene when he’s screams “I hate you!” To obi wan ....and that iconic shot when he turns to the camera With the sith eyes just ..burning in their sockets! It’s. Great great figure...if you have the room get both...but if you HAD to pick one...The Dark side version is the more interesting

All good points. I really thought the Emperor would be my favorite HT figure for 2018.. but this one is chasing his tail hard, which is weird since although I do not loathe the prequels, I definitively prefer the OT. In fact this is my only non-OT figure and I only plan on getting Maul in addition to this from the prequels.

Wasn't this one named as Howard's (Hot Toys CEO) favorite figure in an interview?

Back