1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the blessings of the Vishanti I have finally decided to create an account on this illustrious site! :wave

This is an awesome thread and I've been reading it for some months, I really want to share this video here of our beloved hot toy Doctor made in stop motion style by none other than me. It's very fun to work on these! Even though I wanted to keep it simple (no photoshop & special effects apart from those given by the windows program) as I've worked on it for only a day considering my limited free time at home. Hope you guys enjoy it!

And the link between the web dimensions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upACYdadLYI . :)

Awesome video!!! :rock That was great, really nice work - thanks for sharing! :)

:welcome1: to the forum too!! :wave

^ this. People pay extra $$$ for figures just released just to get them a few weeks earlier than SS so i can see those same people spending $100 or so dollars more to have Strange a year early.

^ this. People pay extra $$$ for figures just released just to get them a few weeks earlier than SS so i can see those same people spending $100 or so dollars more to have Strange a year early.

Yeah, completely agree. I can see some people now being willing to pay a hundred dollar premium to have him a year early. I'm even a little tempted myself now. Both figures are about equally awesome to me, and having looked at photos of both headsculpts quite a lot since yesterday, I no longer think the second one is superior to the first in capturing Cumberbatch's likeness (though I do still prefer his hairstyle in the second sculpt, as it brings to mind the more arrogant and bitchier Doc we saw in Infinity War. Stop leaning on his stuff, Tony.)

Also, it’s pretty tough to argue the figure isn’t worth that $100 premium. From the sculpt to the tailoring to the accessories to the packaging, it is a slam dunk release by HT and that hasn’t changed with the new reveal.

Also, IW strange likely will cost most collectors close to $300 anyway with shipping via sideshow, tax, or any kind of customs potentially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of putting in a pre-order for the IW one even though I have the original. I figure, I could sell the one I want the least. I like how the cape on the IW one is more accurate, it's the only thing that bugged me about this one.

That’s my plan. Ordered the new one so I can see them in hand and decide which I like better. Who knows, may end up keeping both.

Edit: Though the original was screen accurate as they used multiple differently tailored capes for different scenes in the movie.

Preorders for the IW version are selling out, so that might be a factor, too. BBTS and Timewalker are both sold out.

Thank you for the info, the person actually wanted my doctor strange and money on top for ultron, and I'm glad I didnt agree to the trade, and while i can't find any ultron online for 200 ill continue my search!

e076f51a8f31ef8c2017788a42af3a41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info, the person actually wanted my doctor strange and money on top for ultron, and I'm glad I didnt agree to the trade, and while i can't find any ultron online for 200 ill continue my search!

Good call. Midtown was getting rid of Ultron for around $150 shipped last month so they are going cheap - I think you can find one if you're persistent and keep a figure that, I argue, is much better than Ultron.

Anyone have any idea or links to reviews on the quality of custom head sculpts? I'm interested in the battle damaged one.

https://giantoy.com/collections/hea...nge-benedict-cumberbatch?variant=330571907086

Any idea how it looks in person and how the paint app compares? Really digging the scars.

Decided to pick the standard one up. Unfortunately, mine arrived with the front hair piece missing. However, a replacement is on its way. Took a couple of shots to see what you all think.

doc1a.jpg

doc 2a.jpg

doc 3a.jpg

Back