1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get the crotch grabbing hooks that Hot Toys use on other figures, like the Bank Robber Joker 2.0 had one, that fits onto the pole, but in my experience it doesn't hold the figure steady

I would ditch the pole and use some Blutack to hold him to the base. Also it you place a clear circular piece of plastic atop the pole you can use it to hold the cape which appears to float behind strange. Here's a gif of someone(the_collection_92) doing that from Instagram:
kPhfl7r.gif

That's pretty brilliant! thanks for sharing that.

Am I the only one who really dislikes the base?
You are not alone.

It's funny thing about the discussion about the base. I don't hate it, I think it's beautiful. But besides the issues of using it just to make him stand on it with his cape hanging right, it also has a large profile that takes up a lot of space. It's beautiful but limited as not only is it wide, but because it's made intending for him to be floating it is also tall. I'm having trouble finding a place for it on my shelves. One of the standard size bases Hot Toys have been using lately would have been a nice option to include along with this. I wouldn't want a standard one instead of the base they gave, but perhaps in addition too. I don't blame them for not including two bases, just saying it would have been nice. I'm keeping my eye out for something else, besides the standard black oval, that might look real nice with Doctor Strange as a secondary stand option. In the mean time, I think I am going to play around with trying to reproduce what Brainiac shared from someone on Instagram.

Man, I just received this figure today. I got it on eBay for $200 shipped and was planning on selling it to fund another figure. But, geez, having it in hand....such an awesome figure! Great outfit and accessories. Might have to keep this and sell something else instead.

Finally got ready to get this guy a few days ago and its sold out. Anywhere left to pick him up in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am currently on the Sideshow waitlist; does anyone know the likelihood it converts? It was in stock Christmas and should've just bought it but I wanted to wait until January, just my luck.

My Strange arrived tonight! Honestly, I'm a bit overwhelmed by him. I suspect this is one of those toys I'll have to take on two or three shoots before I even get comfortable with him.

I never understood before what people mean when they suggest that photos don't do a figure justice, but now I do, despite the lovely photos throughout this thread. (Pizza, your outdoor photos are my favorites).

Also, from back in November:

Having read Michael Crawford's review (several times), I am bugged by the seemingly rigid and/or misshapen necklace component of the Eye of Agamotto; I don't suppose it's removable?

NECA's quarter-scale Strange is out, and while the figure is a rare misfire (I frequently prefer NECA's take on a character to the Hot Toys version, but their Strange is a mess), its Eye necklace is more like what I'd hoped for; it appears to be more pliable.

Photo appears courtesy of Michael Crawford's review. NECA's necklace is on the left.

00.jpg

Curiouser still: I might prefer the sculpting on the "shield" accessory from the $20 Hasbro figure! The Hot Toys one is a bit flat, and somewhat smaller than I'd like.

I'm nitpicking, though; this is a transcendent toy.

Update: here's a comparison. The Hasbro one isn't as swell as I'd remembered... so now I'm left mildly dissatisfied with both versions, ha ha.

IMG_8538.jpg

In retrospect, what I mostly liked about the Marvel Legends "shield" accessory is that it took editing gimmicks like a champ... even when I overdid it.

...and now I'll stop spamming the thread for the night. I can't wait to take Hot Toys Doctor Strange on a proper outdoor shoot!

Thanks for the kind words. I've gotten a lot of use out of that hand.

Thank you! So for 1/4 I should make the shield about 4.31" I think.

Roughly, although personally I'd sacrifice accuracy and make it oversized. The Legends one seems oversized but looks better for it, in my opinion.

What material are you going to use?

Thanks for the kind words. I've gotten a lot of use out of that hand.

Roughly, although personally I'd sacrifice accuracy and make it oversized. The Legends one seems oversized but looks better for it, in my opinion.

What material are you going to use?
Well I'd love to try 3D printing some shields, but unfortunately I don't have access to a 3D printer.

So the plan is to try printing the shields out onto like a thicker vellum/plastic paper type of material. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, but I figure it's worth a shot!

Also, is there any chance you could get me the measurements of the green time loop effects as well? I might have a go at those too.

You can get the crotch grabbing hooks that Hot Toys use on other figures, like the Bank Robber Joker 2.0 had one, that fits onto the pole, but in my experience it doesn't hold the figure steady

I would ditch the pole and use some Blutack to hold him to the base. Also it you place a clear circular piece of plastic atop the pole you can use it to hold the cape which appears to float behind strange. Here's a gif of someone(the_collection_92) doing that from Instagram:
kPhfl7r.gif

I’m totally going to copy your setup...awesome thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back