1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_1039.jpg

Has anyone experienced this with Hot Toys headsculpts in general? Putting Doctor Strange here as an example. The headsculpt is fine on the naked eye, but when you look at it from a certain angle or on a harsher light, there's a "sweat-like" gloss / paint chip? on it. Only noticed this 2 months after owning the figure, which kind of bums me out. Good thing it isn't that noticeable. Anyone have similar experiences?

EDIT: Pic 1 is "normal". Pic 2 is the one where the anomaly shines.

dXKgYw3.jpg

2RcufuN.jpg

I think that's just how the light catches it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emailed Hot Toys about it, but I'm not expecting a replacement head since I threw away the receipt from the authorized seller. :( Still worth trying though.

Can someone with keener eyes that me tell if there are any changes to Strange's outfit in Infinity War? Curious if he'll be getting a new figure or not...

I mean, he had his signature yellow gloves in the new Thor movie so if that caries over it will be enough for a second version. I do want a pair of yellow gloves for strange.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That'd be great if the only change was a pair of gloves. Just wait for 'em to hit Tox Anxiety or eBay!

That'd be great if the only change was a pair of gloves. Just wait for 'em to hit Tox Anxiety or eBay!
That's what I'm thinking! It's take a lot to get me to buy a new strange. Like severe changes to costume (which I don't see happening) or some crazy cool new effects pieces or diorama stands.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back