1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks fellas, the accessories come for random stuff picked up on Ebay over time. I think the books and candles come from Sideshow Buffy and Undead/Zombie line. The stool is from DID. I plan on making his trophy room once I get the time.

One glaring problem. This figure is so great in most ways, which is why the lack of ankle articulation stands out so much.

Why, after years of adding ankle articulation to figures wearing knee-high boots by splitting the boot at the ankle, do they not do it with Dr Strange? it's okay when he's posed fairly neutral but any figure that comes with a flight stand NEEDS to have ankle movement, otherwise, he his feet look stiff and dumb when he's in the air.

I don't understand what the thinking was behind this.

They don't want people to put the figure in crappy poses.

I think it's because of the wraps around the boots. I honestly don't think it detracts at all. He's wearing combat boots. Ankle rocking is one thing, but pointed toes with those on isn't exactly natural looking anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my first Dr Strange turned up unexpectedly this afternoon - was expecting the usual FedEx ransom note via the post, but nope it was a UPS courier demanding money on delivery. (After much panicked scrambling around for physical cash coughed up the ransom)

Despite the hiccup at delivery - woah woah woah. Even the best photos really don't do this one justice do they? I was expecting this figure to be special - but somehow even with the current hype it's managed to exceed all of my expectations. The tailoring is gorgeous and the headsculpt! And all of the perfect little additional touches... This one takes me back to when all HTs were this loaded with extras, like the MkIV with the donut, or that first Loki. It's been a while since one of these has been quite this immediately impressive. (And that's as someone who, whilst I'm not a completist/rich enough, rather enjoys the plethora of increasingly impressive Iron Man figures they've produced)

(Mwahaha - my kitbashes when Strange no. 2 finally makes an appearance (UK retailer this time, so it's going to be a long wait) is going to be spectacular with very little effort on my part!)

Well my first Dr Strange turned up unexpectedly this afternoon - was expecting the usual FedEx ransom note via the post, but nope it was a UPS courier demanding money on delivery. (After much panicked scrambling around for physical cash coughed up the ransom)

Despite the hiccup at delivery - woah woah woah. Even the best photos really don't do this one justice do they? I was expecting this figure to be special - but somehow even with the current hype it's managed to exceed all of my expectations. The tailoring is gorgeous and the headsculpt! And all of the perfect little additional touches... This one takes me back to when all HTs were this loaded with extras, like the MkIV with the donut, or that first Loki. It's been a while since one of these has been quite this immediately impressive. (And that's as someone who, whilst I'm not a completist/rich enough, rather enjoys the plethora of increasingly impressive Iron Man figures they've produced)

(Mwahaha - my kitbashes when Strange no. 2 finally makes an appearance (UK retailer this time, so it's going to be a long wait) is going to be spectacular with very little effort on my part!)

IMO the hype for this one is deserved. I loosely decided DS is so good that while I don't luv, luv, luv the character for me this fig is like the diecast IM (for me) - a character you may not have a lot of, but (for me) needs to be part of the comic collection (because THIS fig/accessories are so great) and I already wonder if this will be the "definitive" DS if you are only going to have one DS.

Contrasted w. a very good CW Bucky and BP, which came pretty much stripped (getting a BP sculpt so elevated that fig, and Bucky shoulda come with a shield, Antman, or a separate body/costume which is he is in half the movie.). Anyway I'm getting my DS some accessories too, got some gloves to paint, and I'll get some other stuff. DS is a great fig - the total package!

I wish kapow toys would hurry up and get this guy in and post it to me! Feel like I’ve been waiting forever for this figure

Can't wait to get this one. Still waiting on mine cause I'm at the bottom of the world.

Anyone still in the business of custom banners here? :monkey3

I'm probably way late on this, but right now on eBay there's a promo code on buy it now items under collectibles, comics, art, entertainment for 20% off.

You enter PROMONYCC in the promo code section at checkout. Just snagged HT doctor strange for $188 shipped! So heads up to whoever hasn't seen it yet.

c4eb3c5517e6a446bddd665e427e10c2.png

Quick camera shot but I just had to pop in here and vibe about how great this figure is. I wasn’t going to pick it up originally but after hearing n thing but great things I decided to pick it up when I saw it in an LCS yesterday. Absolutely phenomenal. In expected centerpiece and an unanticipated favorite in the collection.

He is one of my favorite Hot Toys as well.

Great pics, everyone. :clap

Has anyone taken off the belt to try and adjust the position of the outer tunic? I can see a couple of connection studs at the rear, but just want to know how difficult it is to put the belts back on? My OCD is making me try to adjust the position of the outer tunic against the inner tunic to make them more symmetrical. You can see in this pic that it's a little skewed.

Any ideas on how I can adjust it without taking the belt off? I've tried moving the outer tunic under the belt, but that centre area where it goes under the belt doesnt seem to move much, so I'm not even sure if it's secured in that position by something.....

20171019_222549b.jpg

Back