1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a truly lousy photographer still using an iPhone 6... but by the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth, this figure is AMAZING. Hands down my favorite Hot Toys figure and I've 28 of the things (not including Strange).

a4c1ebde2844fbd9f4bd7819b35d9835.jpg

4e509c5b2f7c09d50acb391c77166ac5.jpg

b828c29bf769dea4638e969f2ac36e70.jpg

The likeness, the tailoring, the accessories - talk about a box full of "wow!"

Haven't been posting much on the forums the last few months, but here is mine.. He arrived yesterday.. :)

The room is sadly a real mess, as it unexpectedly became storage for a lot of my mother's old stuff when she died earlier in the year, and the stepson's Halo stuff (long, bad story that one! lol)

DSC_0540.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

It'd take several paragraphs to write up what I went through with UPS today. Including the fig that was supposed to come to my place - PROMISED - but for some reason driver X decided to dump it in a UPS Access locker and then the door would not open requiring another call to UPS (not to mention poor lighting and looking like a good place to get mugged.) To be fair tho, some unsung and probably underpaid UPS customer service reps and a supervisor did everything they could:clap. Thanks to them my DS is home.

Too tired now to add to all the good comments much. IMO the costume detail and stitching, sculpt, and THAT CLOAK make this figure. He's a small work of art IMO:clap and I am no real fan of Dr. Strange or Benedict C. (Not yet anyway still reading a lot of comics). If there's a contest I'd put this one up for 1/6 fig of the year. It's like the accessories are just extra, he's so good. IMO HT knocked it out of the park here:clap. A couple of cell pics but I can't match the great photos I've seen - you could spend days photographing this fig.

DS1.jpg

DS2.jpg

Hey guys this is off topic to this, but I just need to ask. I had a waitlist order that converted, and I won't be at the address it's currently shipping so would you recommend changing it. I know you need to sign, and I might be able to get someone there to do so, but Im not sure if they let you know what day its coming so you give a signature. Also if you miss the day it arrives and can't give a signature that day will they come back or what. If anyone knows please let me know. Ive only bought Hot Toys at other stores so this is my first sideshow.com order.

Log on to MY UPS and have it shipped to a UPS store and pick it up there when you have time. That's what i always do just because i'm usually at work when UPS stops by.

I would do what subzro suggested, but they do give you an estimated delivery date. Also if they attempt delivery and you aren't there, they will either retry the next day or leave a card so you can reschedule.
But changing the address is the cleanest way.
If it hasn't shipped yet, can you change the address on Sideshow?

I would do what subzro suggested, but they do give you an estimated delivery date. Also if they attempt delivery and you aren't there, they will either retry the next day or leave a card so you can reschedule.
But changing the address is the cleanest way.
If it hasn't shipped yet, can you change the address on Sideshow?

UPS has told me - tho they keep changing what they tell me - that if I want stuff re-routed to a different address after a first attempt delivery, the shipper has to request that. Last time I had stuff sent to a UPS store after a first delivery attempt, I had to contact Sideshow. Tho there was one time when UPS just took my stuff to a UPS store anyway.:cuckoo:

Just suggest that Sideshow be contacted first to change an address. Needing a sig for DS didn't help me - quote "at the driver's discretion" my DS got routed to a 24-hour access locker. Which requires a "government ID" and the bar code or tracking to get your stuff, tho you do have to sign so UPS @ss is covered.

Maybe not all U.S. areas have these lockers. First time for me - thought UPS was SUPPOSED to attempt 2, 3 deliveries. Now I guess they can just drop your stuff in a locker and it's on you if the driver decides to do that.:dunno

I've never had a order from SSC where UPS attempted more than one delivery. Lucky for me when no one is available to accept the package, it gets sent to an access point in a store where there's an actual human being working the UPS pickups. I do suggest signing up for an account at UPS, I usually get the delivery notifications a day before delivery from UPS. That might be due to the fact that it takes two business days from my card being charged by SSC and receiving my package. Once you get that notice, you can logon and check when it's due to arrive or have it shipped to access point and pick it up when you have time.

UPS has told me - tho they keep changing what they tell me - that if I want stuff re-routed to a different address after a first attempt delivery, the shipper has to request that. Last time I had stuff sent to a UPS store after a first delivery attempt, I had to contact Sideshow. Tho there was one time when UPS just took my stuff to a UPS store anyway.:cuckoo:

Just suggest that Sideshow be contacted first to change an address. Needing a sig for DS didn't help me - quote "at the driver's discretion" my DS got routed to a 24-hour access locker. Which requires a "government ID" and the bar code or tracking to get your stuff, tho you do have to sign so UPS @ss is covered.

Maybe not all U.S. areas have these lockers. First time for me - thought UPS was SUPPOSED to attempt 2, 3 deliveries. Now I guess they can just drop your stuff in a locker and it's on you if the driver decides to do that.:dunno

Go online to UPS.com and sign up for "My Choice" and you can change delivery options there. You don't need to talk to Sideshow. I do it all the time and have my stuff sent to the local UPS store. It costs nothing to do.

Thanks! That was definitely my favorite too. :) You can tell he's a good figure because he looked good even in the so-so pics I took as well. lol

Back