1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand why Kaecilius wasn't made, they can't reuse his sculpt, but no Mordo is a head scratcher.

We'll probably be seeing this Strange sculpt on the next 4 Strange figures with the eyes looking in various directions.

It's pretty, uh, strange how they made a proto for the extremely visually complex and presumably hard to produce yellow jacket, but not for kaecilius or mordo, guys in fancy bathrobes. It's probably a likeness thing though, which is why the ancient ones proto had her hood down. Does anyone know if there was a Swinton headsculpt under there?

I'm liking what I'm seeing, but I'm thinking the jaw needs to be a bit more narrow, I don't think Mikkelson has that wide of a mandible. Hair needs to be a wee bit flatter as well. Wider mouth? Maybe a bit shorter, the head is a bit tall for him? But everything else is looking good. I'm assuming the obvious - you'll be offering this? Any sources on the clothes yet?
Thanks for this, I'll take it into account next time I work on him. For my first sculpt I'm still pretty happy. If you check out the kaecilius interest thread there are updated pics of the sculpt, I can't seem to get them to copy over to here though.

Hes got one of those faces that seems to look different in every single pic
c0bfbf46a22ea1c8b498ab8c36e4a099.jpg
71e823b4b4400b28754c74b82879c3f0.jpg
9b3d55410cae2c2879d18fa276b8ad94.jpg
aefa39d37a50cd8942cca4fe68d858db.jpg

So I just sorta chose one pic and stuck with it:
fe5d2467a91d09c635838fa6d0b69843.jpg

No word on the clothes atm but if I can get the sculpt to a point people are happy with it, and people actually want a kaecilius, I'll have a look around and see if anyone is willing to work together to make him

It's pretty, uh, strange how they made a proto for the extremely visually complex and presumably hard to produce yellow jacket, but not for kaecilius or mordo, guys in fancy bathrobes. It's probably a likeness thing though, which is why the ancient ones proto had her hood down. Does anyone know if there was a Swinton headsculpt under there?

I dunno, Yellowjacket strikes me as a 3D print to cast scenario. Soft goods still have to be done by hand for the most part, and these "fancy bathrobes" look super complex to produce.

I dunno, Yellowjacket strikes me as a 3D print to cast scenario. Soft goods still have to be done by hand for the most part, and these "fancy bathrobes" look super complex to produce.

The yellowjacket they displayed was articulated, they showed it in multiple poses. So it involves hard and soft pieces, meshing them together seamlessly, all while allowing for movement. And for the record, I really like the costumes in doctor strange, I was just making a point that, compared to something like the yellowjacket suit, I feel like they'd be relatively simple to make.

HT just don't make the villians, almost. You should be used to it by now.

They used to make them though. All three Iron Man villains, the first two Captain America's, and The Avengers. However, some point around Iron Man 3 and The Winter Soldier they just stopped. The exception is Ultron and Thanos in that period.

The funny thing is, Thanos was an unnecessary and expensive villain to make. It would have made more sense really to release the actual villain from that movie.. ;)

Save Thanos for Infinity..

The funny thing is, Thanos was an unnecessary and expensive villain to make. It would have made more sense really to release the actual villain from that movie.. ;)

Save Thanos for Infinity..

Yeah, but for the next couple of Avengers movies they can just reuse the majority of the figure and rotate out the accessories. It wouldn't surprise me if the next version lacks the chair, but adds the Infinity Gauntlet and has him looking slightly to the left.

FlexPay about to get underway for this figure, been a while but I'm really looking forward to this July!

Yeah, but for the next couple of Avengers movies they can just reuse the majority of the figure and rotate out the accessories. It wouldn't surprise me if the next version lacks the chair, but adds the Infinity Gauntlet and has him looking slightly to the left.

...and charges $100 more.

They used to make them though. All three Iron Man villains, the first two Captain America's, and The Avengers. However, some point around Iron Man 3 and The Winter Soldier they just stopped. The exception is Ultron and Thanos in that period.
Sideshow is listing Crossbones as "coming soon".

There's also an argument that half the cast of Civil War are villains. Exactly which half is a matter of personal allegiance :)

Sideshow is listing Crossbones as "coming soon".

There's also an argument that half the cast of Civil War are villains. Exactly which half is a matter of personal allegiance :)

Crossbones will never happen. Don't hold your breath. Same story as Yellowjacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like ultron and thanos did not sell well so maybe they are justified in not doing much villains....

Seems like ultron and thanos did not sell well so maybe they are justified in not doing much villains....

Thanos was 415. Thats almost a premium format statue lol. Also, no infinity gauntlet (i understand why) and portrait was kinda meh. I bet if this was released for infinity war would have been much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are going to make obscure figures like Pepper Potts, Agent Coulson, or Maria Hill then there is no reason why they should not make villains also. Ronan the Accuser, Malekith, and Yellow Jacket are much more better looking then those other three

If they are going to make obscure figures like Pepper Potts, Agent Coulson, or Maria Hill then there is no reason why they should not make villains also. Ronan the Accuser, Malekith, and Yellow Jacket are much more better looking then those other three

I think those figures can credit the movies they appeared in for their releases. I mean, Iron Toilet could have made an appearance in IM3 and it would probably get made. And the two Avenger movies would surely have the next highest figure counts per movie, certainly in the MCU..

Back