1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure getting $350-400 now on Ebay! Crazy- glad I got mine at retail and who would have thought this would skyrocket??

This figure getting $350-400 now on Ebay! Crazy- glad I got mine at retail and who would have thought this would skyrocket??

I am not surprised that this figure appreciated in value because I think it is a great figure and probably one of Hot Toy's best releases in terms of paint and head sculpt (for me at least). However, I am surprised that it appreciated this soon. :clap

I am not surprised that this figure appreciated in value because I think it is a great figure and probably one of Hot Toy's best releases in terms of paint and head sculpt (for me at least). However, I am surprised that it appreciated this soon. :clap

I'm not so sure it's so much that the figures are appreciating, rather it's the secondary market doing what it does best...jacking up prices absurdly high beyond what they are actually worth.

It might be temporary if there is another one from the upcoming Avengers movie. Flippers need to try the make their money quickly just in case.

I'm not so sure it's so much that the figures are appreciating, rather it's the secondary market doing what it does best...jacking up prices absurdly high beyond what they are actually worth.

Only time will tell. As with any asset, prices will go up and down depending on supply and demand. Prices will not stay that high if there is no demand at those high prices. But for me, the point is that I love this figure and so far the prices seem to imply that other people think the same way too. :)

Only time will tell. As with any asset, prices will go up and down depending on supply and demand. Prices will not stay that high if there is no demand at those high prices. But for me, the point is that I love this figure and so far the prices seem to imply that other people think the same way too. :)

I've been watching for grins on ebay, and for the most part I see a lot of high asking prices, but I don't actually see them ending up sold at those prices. Unsure if the market is really at these 350-400 ranges. We will see, but I'm certainly happy to have found a brand new one at retail just a week ago!

giphy.gif

It might be temporary if there is another one from the upcoming Avengers movie. Flippers need to try the make their money quickly just in case.

Doubt it. His costume is exactly the same. He isn't even getting the yellow gloves that he had on during the end credits. They reshot the scene in Ragnarok without them. Shame.

Okay Professor...impart your "wisdom" then. Explain to me exactly how my post was exuding ignorance? :lecture

So much pompous d-baggery in one post...

In no way am I attacking you...

Market is dictated by supply and demand.

Read about it.

Dont mistake water for poison. No one in the world is out to get you.

In no way am I attacking you...

Market is dictated by supply and demand.

Read about it.

Dont mistake water for poison. No one in the world is out to get you.

When you phrase your remark in such a snide way, it's hard to interpret it any other way really.

Also, I'm very well aware of how supply and demand works...doesn't mean it justifies outrageous pricing though. :wink1:

My waitlist for this just cancelled and now I’m disappointed 😕

Just goes to show: don’t wait on getting a figure you like! I always learn the hard way haha

I have another way of looking at the "supply and demand" angle for this figure (or any popular figure for that matter). Scalping aside, imagine that you own a Hot Toys figure that you really like. Let's say that you consider it as one of your personal grails (or favorites if "grail" is too much to describe it). If someone wants to buy it from you, how much are you willing to take to sell it to another collector? $300? $500? $1,000? Thus, if fewer people are willing to part with this figure in their collection, it must command a higher price in the market before owners will consider selling it.

Crazy that the prices are going up on this already, I remember it seeming to be in stock for a long time at BBTS. But whatever, glad to have mine! I definitely got an Avengers Loki vibe from it when it got announced as far as thinking that it would at least hold its value due to the sheer intricacy and quality of the costuming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love my Strange figure, but if I missed out, I wouldn't really fret since HT is gonna pump out other versions of him anyways.

Let scalpers do there thing, once a version 2 comes out, V1 will go down in value (esp for ppl looking to upgrade), or you can get V2 at retail price. Win win.

Remember the ridiculous prices on V1 Hawkeye when it sold out? As long as the character is not killed off, they will make more.

Back