1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20160812_114443.jpg
The result of the 45 in acetone overnight.

I'm pretty new to the Hot Toys gig(picked up my first HT around February of this year) and told myself I wouldn't pick up any Iron Man figures cause there's so many armor's. I just picked up the XLV today..... IT HAS BEGUN!!!

But what happened to the diecast parts? Does diecast also melt in acetone? Did you do this on purpose or was it accidental?

Edit: Okay, finally went back a few pages to see that this was intentionally pulled apart and melted down. Curious which parts were diecast.

Has anyone had issues with taking out the screws on the arms for the batteries? Both of mine were screwed so freakin tight that I barely managed to loosen the screw on the left arm to put the batteries in but cannot for the life of me loosen the screw on the right arm.

I seriously spent hours last night trying to loosen the screw by any means to no avail except for a blister on my finger. The screwdriver that comes with the figure doesn't work for the arms, it's too weak or something and it's just messing up the gears to the screwdriver and screw. I used a small flathead to loosen the left arm and have run out of ideas.. Would an eyeglasses screwdriver kit work?? This is driving me crazy!! :lol

Looks great Jedi and Toys :clap I Just got this black eye HS in today but i put it on my 43. I like the 45 helmet to much to swap it right now

You'll get there eventually. I did as well. Lol. The helmet is hard to part with. Haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks great Jedi and Toys :clap I Just got this black eye HS in today but i put it on my 43. I like the 45 helmet to much to swap it right now

Yeah, the 45's helmet is one of the highlights for me. It's definitely my favorite of all of his armors.

I love the design of the helmet as well and it's very proportionate to the rest of the body.

Perhaps a little too proportionate in the sense that there's no way a human head could fit in there. I think that's the main reason they never showed Tony's face while he was in it. It would have looked very strange.

(and gives a little more credence the theory that he was remotely piloting it):wink1:

Back