1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to Sideshow Freaks and the whole Hot Toys collectables hobby too. I jumped right into it a few weeks ago and immediately became addicted. My tax returns came in right about the time I stumbled across the Hot Toys website, so I thought...why not? Let's do some collecting! Yeah...now I'm addicted lol.

So far, my collection consists of four Iron Man armors (Mark 17 Heartbreaker, Mark 33 Silver Centurion, Mark 39 Starboost, and Mark 42), the Dark World version of Thor, and Falcon. Mark 43 is on the way, and the AoU versions of Captain America and War Machine are on preorder.

As soon as Mark 45 was announced, I preordered it without hesitation. I haven't preordered Hulkbuster yet, but that time will come once my reward points start trickling in.

I'm on the fence about ordering the Mark 3 Diecast. That isn't my favorite armor (that honor goes to the Mark 43), but it's THE original Iron Man armor, making it nostalgic and putting it on my radar for sure. I'll probably end up getting it too. Here's to hoping they remake Mark 4-7, so I can inevitably get all of those as well.

Oh joy... market it around the time of Civil War, and a bunch of fools will start claiming it's in the movie.....:slap

Wait...there's going to be an IM4? Is RDJ in it?

There's nothing official and it would be so far off there's really nothing unofficial. It would be after infinity wars. RDJ will be like 60. Lol wouldn't count on him doing much more after infinity war

There's nothing official and it would be so far off there's really nothing unofficial. It would be after infinity wars. RDJ will be like 60. Lol wouldn't count on him doing much more after infinity war

I'm a huge IM/RDJ fan but i would love to see him really truly killed off in Infinity Wars. Don't hate me but I think 10 years is a good enough run.

I'm a huge IM/RDJ fan but i would love to see him really truly killed off in Infinity Wars. Don't hate me but I think 10 years is a good enough run.

If they follow the comics even in the slightest bit for Infinity Wars, that won't happen. Doubt he would wield the gauntlet to defeat Thanos and kill himself lol.

I'll be skipping the 43 in favor of the 45 to pair with aou WM. The wait will be brutal for the 45 but I'm very happy about these being my first 2 collectible figures ever. I think they'll look amazing together. The Secret Base pics just made the 45 look absolutely stunning.

I only want to own 2 IM figures; a classic IV, VI, or VII to place in a single HoA (preferably the VII if they decide to revisit with diecast) and an organic looking suit XLV-whenever RDJ hangs em up for an avengers lineup. I really like the 46 from the art but that figure is at least 2 years away and I don't want to get caught in this "waiting-for-the-best-armor cycle" because then I'll never own one lol. So I'm anchoring down with the 45.

I want to eventually create my own avengers lineup (whether I pick and choose my favorites or go the MCU route is still up in the air) but my goal is to keep my collection very small and to display them well.

Just the beginning but it should be a fun ride!

I'll be skipping the 43 in favor of the 45 to pair with aou WM. The wait will be brutal for the 45 but I'm very happy about these being my first 2 collectible figures ever. I think they'll look amazing together. The Secret Base pics just made the 45 look absolutely stunning.

I only want to own 2 IM figures; a classic IV, VI, or VII to place in a single HoA (preferably the VII if they decide to revisit with diecast) and an organic looking suit XLV-whenever RDJ hangs em up for an avengers lineup. I really like the 46 from the art but that figure is at least 2 years away and I don't want to get caught in this "waiting-for-the-best-armor cycle" because then I'll never own one lol. So I'm anchoring down with the 45.

I want to eventually create my own avengers lineup (whether I pick and choose my favorites or go the MCU route is still up in the air) but my goal is to keep my collection very small and to display them well.

Lol. Unfortunately my disposable income isn't bottomless so priorities will always take precedence. Bills need to be paid and my kid has to eat!

As far as building an avengers lineup, that should be cake to accomplish through the years. Just 1 rule: no doubles of any characters. If a more appealing version comes out, the old figure will need to find a new home.

My only worry is Iron Man. If I do end up falling in love with the 46, it may be difficult to part ways with the 45. If I fall in love with the 47, it may be hard to part with the 46... I think we all understand where this is going lol.

I started with the "only the best version" too, but I like being able to see the evolution of a character. In my case Cap. So just one version rule went out the window a long time ago.

preordered this earlier.

was quite happy since the queue outside Secret Base isn't as bad as I expected.

no choice for me but to get this one since I have convinced myself to only get DieCast armors and perhaps others as long as I can get them for SRP.
really happy that this one was not offered as a raffle thingy like the Stealth version.

"One version of a character."

WaitWhat.gif

Iron Man figures are a hard way to stick to that plan, but good luck! I'm also limiting myself to no more than 2 IM figures- one red/gold and one variant. The current plan is to get the Mark 3 and stealth 7, though the 45 or 46 may end up replacing the Mark 3 depending on how they turn out.

Thankfully, I'm in a similar situation where disposable income limits how much I can buy. I'm sitting at five figures, and I'm already looking to move back down to four (my last figure was a bit of an impulse purchase).

Back