1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering that Tony Stark had developed the Mark 42 before he encountered the Extremis soldiers and that the Mark 43 is based on the Mark 42 I don't think that the Mark 42/43 is the Extremis armor and rumors on the web has 2019 as the year of release for Iron Man 4 but everything can get changed of course.

No it doesn't have the same name, it's not called extremis. But no armor in this MCU will ever be called that. In the movies it refers to the super soldier serum.

So, different name, but does exactly the same thing...that makes the 42/43 the movie equal to comic extremis.

If you don't agree explain what you think makes the comic armor extremis what it is? If it's just the name then it will never be in the movies. That word means somthing else in the movies and would make no sense calling two unique and seperate things extremis.

As for what you said about im4...Internet rumors are meaningless. RDJ is not under contract for a fourth solo film. So they have to either wait till he decides to sign on or they pick a replacement. So what ever rumors are out there are just fanboy/girl wishes and guesses.

I'm proud of you man. The very first disagreement I had on this forum was with you about this very subject and right now you're making the points I was trying to make to you then. :hi5:

No it doesn't have the same name, it's not called extremis. But no armor in this MCU will ever be called that. In the movies it refers to the super soldier serum.

So, different name, but does exactly the same thing...that makes the 42/43 the movie equal to comic extremis.

If you don't agree explain what you think makes the comic armor extremis what it is? If it's just the name then it will never be in the movies. That word means somthing else in the movies and would make no sense calling two unique and seperate things extremis.

As for what you said about im4...Internet rumors are meaningless. RDJ is not under contract for a fourth solo film. So they have to either wait till he decides to sign on or they pick a replacement. So what ever rumors are out there are just fanboy/girl wishes and guesses.

Extremis (the Stark version) is the process of connecting the armor directly to Stark's brain. Maybe that's what he was going for. So in that sense we haven't actually seen a "true" Extremis. Perhaps that's what the MK45 will be. It's already been revealed that the MK43 becomes "infested", perhaps from Ultron overriding Jarvis. So it would be fair to assume that Stark needs to be able to control his suit without the aid of an AI. Now, the armor will never be called Extremis because it would be too confusing for anyone who hasn't read the comics. Heck, Marvel's on Extremis 3.0 right now, which is pretty much a high-tech cosmetic. That would really confuse the hell out of people.

Extremis (the Stark version) is the process of connecting the armor directly to Stark's brain. Maybe that's what he was going for. So in that sense we haven't actually seen a "true" Extremis. Perhaps that's what the MK45 will be. It's already been revealed that the MK43 becomes "infested", perhaps from Ultron overriding Jarvis. So it would be fair to assume that Stark needs to be able to control his suit without the aid of an AI. Now, the armor will never be called Extremis because it would be too confusing for anyone who hasn't read the comics. Heck, Marvel's on Extremis 3.0 right now, which is pretty much a high-tech cosmetic. That would really confuse the hell out of people.

:exactly:The Mark 45 is likely to be the comics Extremis armor.

I'm proud of you man. The very first disagreement I had on this forum was with you about this very subject and right now you're making the points I was trying to make to you then. :hi5:

Not sure what you referring to, but this is the same thing I've thought since im3 so I didn't actually change anything lol

The basis of extremis 1 was the implanted gold sheathe that allowed stark to control the suit. Not a mental link but a link through the gold skin. So what they did was replace a nanotube convoluted design from the comics into the sensor Implants and instead of summon through thought it was motion. For a film thought control is uber hard to show.

No it's not exactly the same...but it never would be. The 45 won't extrude through his pores. Or be stored on his blood.

The 42/43 is the cinema equal to the comics extremis. They changed some stuff so it's not so hard to understand and so it looks better on film.

It's possible (probable) that it will evolve. So he doesn't need the sensors. Or this sensors use his brain waves. Since Jarvis dies or is compromised in aou stark needs a new interface. But the thought/mind control wasn't what made the extremis armor what it was. It was the change from a full suit to pieces that can assemble anywhere.

The basis of extremis 1 was the implanted gold sheathe that allowed stark to control the suit. Not a mental link but a link through the gold skin. So what they did was replace a nanotube convoluted design from the comics into the sensor Implants and instead of summon through thought it was motion. For a film thought control is uber hard to show.

No it's not exactly the same...but it never would be. The 45 won't extrude through his pores. Or be stored on his blood.

The 42/43 is the cinema equal to the comics extremis. They changed some stuff so it's not so hard to understand and so it looks better on film.

It's possible (probable) that it will evolve. So he doesn't need the sensors. Or this sensors use his brain waves. Since Jarvis dies or is compromised in aou stark needs a new interface. But the thought/mind control wasn't what made the extremis armor what it was. It was the change from a full suit to pieces that can assemble anywhere.

Hmm... yeah maybe.

Yea, well I didnt bring it up. And this may be a shock, but not everyone was a memeber back then. Given how much fluff and junk gets posted on this site everyday, actual talk about the characters shouldn't bring scorn.

Yea, well I didnt bring it up. And this may be a shock, but not everyone was a memeber back then. Given how much fluff and junk gets posted on this site everyday, actual talk about the characters shouldn't bring scorn.

No, it shouldn't. But constantly talking down to and over each other, not to mention having and rehashing the same old arguments, should be avoided.

True, I just like it when we're moving the discussion forward.

But that's just me :lol no offense to other members. Not bringing down hellfire just saying Cmon guys we've done this already, we know where it's going, let's move the train to Tony in the 45 using JOCASTA to help him use the suit.

Until the film or figure comes out you can expect alot of random arguments to resurface.:lol There just isnt much else to talk about yet it would seem.

But the thought/mind control wasn't what made the extremis armor what it was. It was the change from a full suit to pieces that can assemble anywhere.

True. But the armor being directly controlled by his mind is what made it superior to every armor before. That's all I meant by "true" extremis. Not trying to argue or bring up old topics. Just saying that it's possible that the MK45 will have a direct interface with Stark's brain. As for how the suit actually functions, I don't think we'll ever see the nano undersheath or full on Bleeding Edge. And I honestly hope we don't because I don't think Marvel could pull it off on film. It would probably look terrible like the nano-bot-transformers from Transformers 4.

Seen this while watching the AoU premier live event (look behind the guy)... It's not hot toys, but it looks amazing.

Behind him is a 4ft tall 1/4 scale hulkbuster that opens it's helmet by remote, it was pretty badass... I didn't catch what company it was, but i'm sure we'll hear more about them soon.

45.jpg

Back