1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's a beast.. If I'd missed out on the 43 I wouldn't have regretted substituting this boy into my collection... (albeit with a long wait :gah: )

Oh that's easy and is actually addressed in the book. All suits from Mk. 42-46 use the same tech. Again, that's what the book says and they call it "paneling" I guess because each piece is referred to as a panel.

I'm not sure he means just the suit up tech. But everything combined. The entire suit. The suit up is cool visual and whatnot but for the most part is not a factor in which suit is the most advanced. The most portable, sure. But it has nothing to do with total power, weapons, resilience, and so on.

although the mark 46 is also diecast, it doesnt
has the metallic look of the 45. and the paint
looks much thinner. did HT applied more layer
of paint(at much higher cost) to the mark 45
than usually did on other iron man figures?

It's just a different color. Has nothing to do with density or amount of paint in this case. It's just a different color/shade.

No worries. It's a long while before that figure is out. To long to worry about the color and stuff really. The one you like better had a completly different color when it was first shown. Heck for nearly a year it had a different color shown. Until the production figure is done it's not worth getting stressed over. Hot toys paint jobs are usually pretty well done.

No worries. It's a long while before that figure is out. To long to worry about the color and stuff really. The one you like better had a completly different color when it was first shown. Heck for nearly a year it had a different color shown. Until the production figure is done it's not worth getting stressed over. Hot toys paint jobs are usually pretty well done.

yes, lets hope it turns out better than the 45!

I'm not sure he means just the suit up tech. But everything combined. The entire suit. The suit up is cool visual and whatnot but for the most part is not a factor in which suit is the most advanced. The most portable, sure. But it has nothing to do with total power, weapons, resilience, and so on.

Well yeah, lol, that's kinda a given. Even though the Mk. 42-46 use the same tech for the suit up, there are obviously differences in power (Hulkbuster), weapons (Mk. 42 couldn't even fire missiles), resilience (Mk. 46 has mini RT's to augment its power) and so on.

Besides, IM never really looks back, he's always trying to improve the armor.

Just because he "doesn't look back", whatever that really means, doesn't mean things are improved. And, it wasn't my question. Frankly I don't care as it's all subjective. There is not a more powerful armor because there's no real measurable stop compare. We have no idea what the power output of the original chest Rt, or the upgraded on in mk6 was to compare against the newer ones. Or anything like that. If I want to think the mk6 is more powerful there's just nothing that states otherwise. There's no real data to compare so it boils down to your own made up info and that isn't something you can really dispute either way. For all we know the little Rt in the 46 don't equal the mk7 in power. And the mk7 may have had thicker armor and or better missles. Jarvis may have been a much better operating system to augment the suits then the newer stuff. It's all subjective as marvel has chosen not to define any of the suit stats. So it's far from a given.

You can look at your mk42 comparison for proof it doesn't always improve. Was the 42 a more advanced suit then the previous versions just due to it being newer? And I'm not talking about what it was going to be when it was done. Half the older suits where prototypes when they where used on screen as well.

Just because he "doesn't look back", whatever that really means, doesn't mean things are improved. And, it wasn't my question. Frankly I don't care as it's all subjective. There is not a more powerful armor because there's no real measurable stop compare. We have no idea what the power output of the original chest Rt, or the upgraded on in mk6 was to compare against the newer ones. Or anything like that. If I want to think the mk6 is more powerful there's just nothing that states otherwise. There's no real data to compare so it boils down to your own made up info and that isn't something you can really dispute either way. For all we know the little Rt in the 46 don't equal the mk7 in power. And the mk7 may have had thicker armor and or better missles. Jarvis may have been a much better operating system to augment the suits then the newer stuff. It's all subjective as marvel has chosen not to define any of the suit stats. So it's far from a given.

You can look at your mk42 comparison for proof it doesn't always improve. Was the 42 a more advanced suit then the previous versions just due to it being newer? And I'm not talking about what it was going to be when it was done. Half the older suits where prototypes when they where used on screen as well.

you're right.. but common sense would tell us that each main suit is more advanced than the previous.

the 42 was more advanced because it could be summoned by his thoughts and body's movement.

I think maybe he didn't want to have to take around a big suit with him wherever he went. I think the 42/43 are an advancement over the mark 5. The pieces are much smaller when they're not on tony. Each of them are able to fly individually and obey his physical commands, so he doesn't need to carry around a suitcase, and they're flight capable and include weapons unlike the mark 5.

Plus, the separation aspect did save his life by pulling him out of the rubble under water.

I think the 42/43 was a combination of both, and that's why it was more advanced. It could be summoned in pieces, or as a whole.

:exactly: It also allows him to swap out parts that break, a predecessor to what we saw in AoU with Veronica and Hulkbuster.

I wasn't talking about wether or not the 42 was more advanced than the mark 5. I was talking about wether or not it is more advanced than the mark 7. The mark 7 improved on the mark 5 by making a mobile suit with heavy weapon capabilities. Plus he doesn't have to carry it around, like you mentioned,

While the Mark 42 was shown to be able to fly on it's own, and be called to Tony, all of the other house party protocol suits could do just that, but they didn't have all of the hassle of assembling in multiple pieces. The prehensile tech on the Mark 42 seems to have zero use. It requires power for every piece, takes a long time to assemble, barely ever works, and the suit possesses nowhere near the amount of artillery the Mark 7 and HPP suits have. The mark 43 seemed to fix a lot of the 42's malfunctions and work a bit more like a normal suit, but it still possesses a useless prehensile feature and an arsenal just as limited as the 42.

I also don't recall ever seeing him swap out a broken part. It seems to me that he only has one of each suit, and the 44 just had multiple arms for different uses, sent to him from a floating structure that was never present other than when he needed to bust some hulk.

I just have a hard time believing that the guy's 42'nd iteration is somehow less advanced than his seventh. But hey, that's just my opinion.

That's exactly why it bothers me. You'd assume the later suits would be more advanced, and it says so in multiple media. The films just offer no evidence to support this. All his suits from MK7 to MK41 seem like they can do exactly what the 42 is trying to do, yet they actually work, and don't fall to pieces when they're hit with a truck.

Back