1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I'm only getting one as space is limited if I don't want to be buried in the backyard by my wife. I have a three detolf limit right now and those are all in out master suite (wanted it there over the guest room go figure...). Anyways 45 looks clean colors oops and the face looks mean which is to my liking. Also I'm a oddball but I think that they put extra effort in this because it was a milestone for hot toys. New body and it is mms 300.

I don't know, I think if someone was only going to have one and liked the look of the 45 I would think waiting for the 46 would be a better choice. The 46 has almost all the same design elements when it comes to the more 'sexy' and 'organic' tech look plus the multiple mini repulsors all over it. The difference is like the difference between the IV and VI, same basic design but with a significant difference in an improvement of 'repulsor technology' on the later.

That plus the 46 comes with a Tony head sculpt offering a display option not available to the 45.

So I am guessing if these two are your favorites that you prefer the more 'organic' looking tech of these two over the previous versions. Perhaps the 42/43 is a bridge armor between the organic look and the traditional 'suit of armor' look? Not sure how to classify the earlier armors that aren't 'organic' in design as the 45/46 armors.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the organic look in the 45 and 46. The sleeker design, the veiny patterns on the arms and legs, and the closer resemblance to human musculature give me the impression that the suit is an extension of Tony himself, whereas the more jagged, mechanical designs of the Marks 1-7 give me the impression that the suits are merely inhabited by a human being. The newer designs make Tony and the suit look more in tandem with one another, IMO. Nothing against the older suits though, because I really like them too, particularly the Mark 6 and Mark 7.

I simply view the Marks 1-7 as the "mechanical design"--suits that look more angled, jagged, and robotic. Like you suggested, I see the 42 and 43 as the bridge between the mechanical and organic designs. The 42 and 43 carry a mechanical appearance, which makes sense considering the pieces of the suit can assemble or disassemble themselves like a mechanical puzzle. The mechanical design and this "constructability" component of the suits complement each other pretty well. However, they are also organic in the sense that they are neurologically connected to Tony via the chips that he implanted into his arm. This concept brings Tony and the suit closer together as "one entity" in that regard.

It was never really revealed, but I wonder if the 45 and 46 also have the prehensile function and can assemble or disassemble like the 42 and 43 can? Or if Tony can control them neurologically like he could the 42 and 43?

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the organic look in the 45 and 46. The sleeker design, the veiny patterns on the arms and legs, and the closer resemblance to human musculature give me the impression that the suit is an extension of Tony himself, whereas the more jagged, mechanical designs of the Marks 1-7 give me the impression that the suits are merely inhabited by a human being...

The organic look is the primary reason 45 is my favorite armor (for now) but I honestly don't get that impression from 46 (save for the forearms maybe) It is quite a bit sleeker than past armors, but its also quite a bit more angular (has more straight lines opposed to curved) than 45, which is why I feel it's a step backwards in design creativity... but that's just me. I don't really like 46 that much, it looks like a standard armor to me and it's not nearly as impressive as 45. The added lights do nothing for me. :dunno

It was never really revealed, but I wonder if the 45 and 46 also have the prehensile function and can assemble or disassemble like the 42 and 43 can? Or if Tony can control them neurologically like he could the 42 and 43?

Sorry if this isn't what you're asking here, but there is fan speculation that has no canon basis, but since we never see him suit up or take off any part of 45, some believe he may have never been in the armor and was controlling it remotely. I personally think thats B.S.

The organic look is the primary reason 45 is my favorite armor (for now) but I honestly don't get that impression from 46 (save for the forearms maybe) It is quite a bit sleeker than past armors, but its also quite a bit more angular (has more straight lines opposed to curved) than 45, which is why I feel it's a step backwards in design creativity... but that's just me. I don't really like 46 that much, it looks like a standard armor to me and it's not nearly as impressive as 45. The added lights do nothing for me. :dunno

Sorry if this isn't what you're asking here, but there is fan speculation that has no canon basis, but since we never see him suit up or take off any part of 45, some believe he may have never been in the armor and was controlling it remotely. I personally think thats B.S.

You make a good point that the 46 looked more angular than the 45 did. The 46 is probably better described as a mixture of both the 43 and 45, maybe a half-and-half between the two.

Sorry, I was a bit unclear there. What I meant was whether or not the 45 and 46 had the autonomous function (whereby Tony could neurologically control each piece of the suit independently of each other) and the prehensile function (whereby each piece of the suit could cling to Tony and assemble itself as the full armor).

I've seen the "remotely controlled" theory a lot, and I too believe it's BS. While it wasn't explicitly revealed either way, I was totally convinced that Tony was indeed inside the suit because (1) it would have been completely out of character for Tony, who felt incredibly guilty over creating Ultron and was the reason they were fighting in the first place, to be chilling someplace safe and piloting the suit remotely while his fellow Avengers and friends were all putting themselves in harm's way on the battlefield, and (2) Tony's reactions inside the HUD seemed authentic to what he would experience from physically being inside the suit (i.e. as the city exploded and the shock wave blew the suit away, Tony was not only visibly shaken emotionally, but also being physically shaken by the shock wave).

We should have gotten a suit-up scene for the 45. Period. :dunno

I have a feeling there was more footage of 45 like a suit up scene, but unfortunately it's probably part of the ~30-45 minutes of the movie that was cut that will never see the light of day.

I'll be shocked if all this "never see the light of day" footage doesn't roll out in a decade or so with an extended release. It would just be such a huge money maker for them. After what happened with Star Wars I'm now in the never say never camp with all things nerd.

To squash the "he was remotely controlling the Mk45 in Sokovia" theory, Tony explicitly said to Thor, "You know if this works, we maybe don't walk away." Pretty sure he wouldn't have said we if Tony didn't mean himself too.

And he was clearly in the Quinjet when they were flying to Sokovia. Unless they dropped him off on the way (which would be ridiculous), Tony was in the suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are several reasons which squash that idea. I always thought people were just saying it as a joke because you never actually see him wearing the armour.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

....and fighting Ultron in a remote control suit that can be dialed in and controlled from a distance seems like something Ultron could have easily hacked. I am not buying the remote controlled 45 theory.

There are several reasons which squash that idea. I always thought people were just saying it as a joke because you never actually see him wearing the armour.

Well, Tony Stark may not have phoned it in within the story, but if it was a complete digital performance TDJ wouldn't have had to be there when they filmed and could have just done voice work.

Well, Tony Stark may not have phoned it in within the story, but if it was a complete digital performance TDJ wouldn't have had to be there when they filmed and could have just done voice work.

I'm fairly sure that was exactly what happened with the filming of the end battle.

To squash the "he was remotely controlling the Mk45 in Sokovia" theory, Tony explicitly said to Thor, "You know if this works, we maybe don't walk away." Pretty sure he wouldn't have said we if Tony didn't mean himself too.

great point. it seems like a theory that just won't die. i'm not even sure the reasoning or it being brought up in the first place.

I'll be shocked if all this "never see the light of day" footage doesn't roll out in a decade or so with an extended release. It would just be such a huge money maker for them. After what happened with Star Wars I'm now in the never say never camp with all things nerd.

if something like that does exist, i'd assume it's unfinished and would need to be finished for a release. the question would be whether or not it makes sense financially to finish it. i'd hope the answer would be yes. but i don't know if people would buy the movie again at full price just for a suit up scene. now, if they went back and finished the vision brought to life scene, more of the 45, and an extended third act.. i think that would be plenty enough for a decent amount of people to purchase the movie again. i guess we'll see.

maybe once they finish infinity wars, they'll release an entire MCU box set with a ton of extra footage included. though.. hasn't whedon said before that he won't or doesn't do directors cuts?

found the quote..

"It has always been my ambition never to do a director’s cut of anything and always to make the movie with the studio that we both want to make. Ultron was very complex and there was a lot of back-and-forth. My instinct is no. Just as an artist, I’m super ******* lazy and that sounds like it would be hard. I don’t think there’s interest in it, right now. You’ll see a bunch of stuff on the DVD in extras that were meant to be there."

perhaps if the studio requests it, he'd do it.

Who cares if RDJ was there, it's a movie! Ha He said himself when the faceplate goes down he's no longer there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more...
2c05d5c26480717d47fc30cc4d5338a5.jpg

Back