1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2a9de4ae5114f3c790f818e3a869433f.jpg

Woah that custom HS looks pretty darn good, I think it's this one sold here:
https://www.kghobby.com/custom-1-6-scale-tony-stark-head-sculpt-ver-5-0/

May give this one a go if they restock it, was pretty disappointed in the last Stark HS I ordered from HK but this one on Budget Stark's video looks surprisingly good. This'll be a good piece until the Mk46 one comes out, a lot cheaper too.

Not sure which one to go for, Mark 45 or Mark 46.

85833-is-it-too-much-to-ask-for-both-2yVg.gif

If it were up to me, the answer to ^that question^ would always be, "No, of course it's not too much to ask. Both is good." :lol

If you want my opinion, the Mark 45 is a better-looking suit (wearable Ferrari is an accurate description) with a more unique paint job (the anodized appearance), while the Mark 46 has the cool lights and was better portrayed onscreen in the sense that Tony went through a ton of character development while wearing it. Plus, the Mark 46 is a better deal since it comes with the completely unmasked head sculpt and is slightly cheaper. You really can't go wrong with either suit though, since both suits/figures look great. :)

Whoa, I just now saw that custom Tony Stark head sculpt. :drool It looks just like the 1/4 scale head sculpt, but scaled down. IMO, that is far better than anything HT has made in 1/6 scale.

That headsculpt looks great but for me this armor looks better with its helmet on. The helmet of this armor is one of the unique things about it. :)

Agreed, this figure in particular will look the best with its helmet on. Besides the fact that Tony never took the helmet off, the unique face mask is far too shiny to display a head sculpt in its place. :lol

85833-is-it-too-much-to-ask-for-both-2yVg.gif

If it were up to me, the answer to ^that question^ would always be, "No, of course it's not too much to ask. Both is good." :lol

If you want my opinion, the Mark 45 is a better-looking suit (wearable Ferrari is an accurate description) with a more unique paint job (the anodized appearance), while the Mark 46 has the cool lights and was better portrayed onscreen in the sense that Tony went through a ton of character development while wearing it. Plus, the Mark 46 is a better deal since it comes with the completely unmasked head sculpt and is slightly cheaper. You really can't go wrong with either suit though, since both suits/figures look great. :)

Yea the Mark 45 is a very beautiful looking figure and I love the sleek metallic design but like you mentioned, the Mark 46 was a more prevalent suit and comes with a little more goodies. Most likely I'll just pick up the Mark 45 and probably wait a while before buying the Mark 46 since spending $700+ right away would take a hefty toll on my wallet. Trying to decide which figures to get for Infinity War is going to be a killer...

Yea the Mark 45 is a very beautiful looking figure and I love the sleek metallic design but like you mentioned, the Mark 46 was a more prevelant suit and comes with a little more goodies. Most likely I'll just pick up the Mark 45 and probably wait a while before buying the Mark 46 since spending $700+ right away would take a hefty toll on my wallet. Trying to decide which figures to get for Infinity War will be a killer...

The 46 is not out until next summer so you have a lot of time :lol

Yea the Mark 45 is a very beautiful looking figure and I love the sleek metallic design but like you mentioned, the Mark 46 was a more prevalent suit and comes with a little more goodies. Most likely I'll just pick up the Mark 45 and probably wait a while before buying the Mark 46 since spending $700+ right away would take a hefty toll on my wallet. Trying to decide which figures to get for Infinity War is going to be a killer...

What subzro said...we have a solid year before the 46 is released. If you grab the 45 now and wanted to pick up the 46 later, you would have plenty of time to prepare for it.

Love this photo.

13237588_10153532064712344_1816517549351375596_n.jpg

yeah. that is beautiful.

are the gauntlets different for each set of hands? that's pretty cool.

i like that the gauntlets are attached to the hands.. changing out the gauntlets on other figures really makes me nervous.

Where's the best place to see pictures of this guy? Facebook? I'm not really into social media but this figure has me feenin for more :lol

Back