1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Padme in this line would be a mistake but who knows with the way Hot Toys operates. Who would have thought our first 3P0 would be from AOTC of all places. I'm hopeful but nothing can be taken for granted. Will be interesting to see what gets announced for this line in the next month

If HT is actually serious about giving PT fans what they want the obvious figures are Windu and Padme. At this rate we will get Jake Lloyd as Anakin before either one of them.

I'm in the boat of wanting a OT 3PO,but I see why HT would release the AOTC one first.
They are cashing in on the PT with him cause they know we are all going to buy the OT version.
If lucky,this 3PO could be a Con exclusive with real OT version on the way.
Mace,Padme,Padawan Anakin and Master Kenobi,plus a phase 1 Clone and a Super Battle droid would be the expectations from this AOTC anniversary.

star-wars-episode-ii-attack-of-the-clones-fd6007.jpg

Honestly just happy to see some Original 6 movie figures, with Bespin Luke a few weeks back to now a few (presumably) from AoTC.

I love TCW and Mando but we definitely need more frequent movie figure releases.

What a ******* mistep! Of all the characters you'd specifically associate with AOTC, these 2 aren't even close. Fair enough they may be announcing other characters too, but to release an OT R2, even a ******* TFA R2, and then they finally release a 3PO.....that only goes with yet another R2 release. What a BS move. At least they've finally made him and they can repaint it to the version that I'm guessing most people would actually want. FFS.

I don't mind. Its something on their radar at least. And its not Mando related.

Now IF it gets released is another story...just like that Padme they displayed and is still on COMING SOON on SS.

Honestly if he comes with a droid head and a blaster (that he can actually hold) then I'd pick it up, would make for a pretty unique display.

Proud owner of a Tamashii 3PO, i gotta say i'm more excited about a AOTC version than a new OT 3PO. Besides, we all know that, with a mold production ready, Hot Toys will dive in repaints at the first opportunity. K-2SO anyone?

Wondering if R2 will be a simple repaint or if they'll add AOTC specific features such as its booster rockets.

Forget about that. Just looked at the teasing more closely and noticed the rockets :slap

Not the version we want, haha.

But maybe OT 3PO will be here soon.
That's a problem these days. Even if OT C3PO went up for pre-order tomorrow, it'd be at least two years before it was on your shelf. Given they haven't even showed a prototype ... could actually be optimistic to say 2025 before you have an OT Goldenrod in your collection.

Back