1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean why not? They re-released 40th Anniversary ESB editions of Boba Fett and Darth Vader. Plus Dooku sells for high prices in the aftermarket.

Dooku isn't in the same category as Vader and Fett. And they just made him a couple years ago. If you don't have him you must not have wanted him very bad. HT needs to be focusing their limited resources on characters who haven't been made.

Of course the first Hot Toys C-3PO would be the very film specific AOTC version.

I hope they don’t do a shiny Clone that’s solely locked to AOTC so that there’s no Phase 2 helmet.

I don’t see them making a ton of figures regardless, but it would be a good time for the Padme and Battle Droids they teased.

Of course the first Hot Toys C-3PO would be the very film specific AOTC version.

I hope they don’t do a shiny Clone that’s solely locked to AOTC so that there’s no Phase 2 helmet.

I don’t see them making a ton of figures regardless, but it would be a good time for the Padme and Battle Droids they teased.
I honestly didn't even realize this would be the first HT C-3PO. Strange decision but at least it's different.

For the shiny Clone, I feel like they could do Phase 1 only since I don't associate the Phase 2 helmet with being clean.

Dooku isn't in the same category as Vader and Fett. And they just made him a couple years ago. If you don't have him you must not have wanted him very bad. HT needs to be focusing their limited resources on characters who haven't been made.
The same applies to both Vader and Fett from ESB. They were made shortly before the 40th Anniversary editions.

Also I missed out on Dooku. Doesn’t mean I didn’t want him I just prioritized other figures more and missed him before he sold out.

Also I would say he’s one of the more memorable aspects of Episode II. A re-release wouldn’t hurt at all and again judging by what he sells for now people are willing to buy him so there’s probably some demand.

Is it possible there's some weird licensing moats around certain OT characters? I think it's really odd they haven't made a 1:6 3P0 or shrunken their near perfect 1/4 Vader into a 1:6 figure and their ARE competing Sideshow offerings.

8EJ1.gif

I will say if this 3PO comes with an interchangeable battle droid head and blaster then I would be very intrigued lol.
An interchangeable Battle Droid head and a blaster would actually be fun ideas for accessories for this particular version of 3PO.

Back