1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to line it up. Hopefully I haven't broken something up....

Problem is I already ordered a new one and submitted a refund form. He is still missing a piece and I am sure the belt should have come straigtened out of the box...

The crooked belt is just due to some sloppy packing at the factory. The missing blade part is another story. Sideshow should be able to fix you up though.

So do you think the belt is supposed to be that way or not?

Not sure if I can cancel my new order.. Says it's locked for processing.

So do you think the belt is supposed to be that way or not?

Not sure if I can cancel my new order.. Says it's locked for processing.
Well, technically no but it just needs twisted or taken apart to be lined back up properly. Should really be an easy fix.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Do you think I can still return the whole item and request the refund?

I just want to get another one and return this one.

Thanks!

Do you think I can still return the whole item and request the refund?
Seeing That you already ordered another one and that a piece is missing from your second vader you might as well give it a shot. I've never had to return anything to Sideshow so I don't have any experience there I'm afraid.

Thank you.

I really hope returning him is possible. However, I already posted to them a screenshot with the twisted belt before fixing it.

He is still straight new out of the box and I haven't even removed anything from him. He is still "packaged" technically. Hopefully they will accept him back.

The belt buckle clasps simply with a round peg that goes into a round hole. I’ve unbuckled and buckled mine multiple times already while futzing the belt and inner robe. Had I known when I took those most recent pics, I’d have snapped a picture of the belt buckle unclasped because I had it off while futzing before taking the photos. Gently rotating the belt buckle straight is not a problem. The peg is kinda thin, so you want to be gentle, but the crooked buckle really isn’t a defect. If you want to unbuckle it, all you do is gently pull the rectangle straight out away from the body while holding down the part of the belt that has the little silver button. Oh, and take the side belt boxes off before you unbuckle it...

The belt buckle clasps simply with a round peg that goes into a round hole. I’ve unbuckled and buckled mine multiple times already while futzing the belt and inner robe. Had I known when I took those most recent pics, I’d have snapped a picture of the belt buckle unclasped because I had it off while futzing before taking the photos. Gently rotating the belt buckle straight is not a problem. The peg is kinda thin, so you want to be gentle, but the crooked buckle really isn’t a defect. If you want to unbuckle it, all you do is gently pull the rectangle straight out away from the body while holding down the part of the belt that has the little silver button. Oh, and take the side belt boxes off before you unbuckle it...

Thank you for the tip.

Why do the belt boxes need to be taken off before unbuckling it?

That being said, this fig is a disappointment as - just like ANH CHewy - you'd think that HT would take what is good and carry it forward to V.2 or V.3, while updating/improving what is bad.

i've heard that about ANH Chewy, but i've been outta collecting for quite awhile. what are the Chewy issues?

Thank you for the tip.

Why do the belt boxes need to be taken off before unbuckling it?

I because they're going to fall off anyway and they just get in the way. They hook on the belt so loosely it's just easier and safer to take them off first before messing with the belt itself.

I see, thank you.

As for the belt twisting issue, can I align it without detaching the right connector? And is the left one detachable, too or it's glued in?

As for the belt boxes, I never plan on taking them off, but only detaching the front if I decide to align it. In this case, there is not point in taking them off, right?

I don't know what you mean by right and left connectors. The belt buckle connects via one single round peg. It's just rotated crooked in your photo. You should be able to just rotate the belt buckle back straight.

The belt boxes just hook loosely onto the front of the belt. They are made to come off easily. If you ever plan to put the batteries in and use the lights you HAVE to take them off the belt. If you try to unbuckle the belt with the belt boxes still on, you will likely knock them off just messing with the belt. Look at the instruction sheet.

Thanks regarding the belt boxes. I don't plan on putting any batteries in, so most likely won't remove them.

As for the pegs, I mean that if you turn the belt square opaque, you can see two circular plastics. Only the right one detaches, right? The left one (that holds the left side of the belt) is glued in and doesn't detach, right? And the belt can be put aligned or crooked just by moving that right square part and not having to necessarily detach it.

Thanks regarding the belt boxes. I don't plan on putting any batteries in, so most likely won't remove them.

As for the pegs, I mean that if you turn the belt square opaque, you can see two circular plastics. Only the right one detaches, right? The left one (that holds the left side of the belt) is glued in and doesn't detach, right?

Yeah dood, see if you can send it back. I think "modding" the belt might be too tricky.

Yes, will try to.

The "twisting the front" bit doesn't seem too hard, but the belt boxes, putting batteries, etc sounds a bit tricky.

But twisting the front right to make it straight shouldn't be tricky or damage anything, even if I only twist it and not completely detach it, right?

If the Vader with the crooked belt is the one that came with the missing blade then just see about returning the whole thing. The crooked belt is an easy, fixable non issue but seeing that you're not comfortable with a little futzing then just go for the return.

Wasn't really sure which Vader thread to put this in, but here's my ESB Vader after a few minor mods. I put the ESB outfit onto the slightly taller RO body with it's more padded chest, and put the ESB dome on the RO mask. I wasn't expecting the ESB cape to still be long enough, but surprisingly it still worked fine. And using the RO chest armor instead of the much flatter ESB one also seemed to help a lot.

And I really wasn't liking the weird bulge around the chest box, so I popped off the thick plastic backing (which wasn't glued and comes off quite easily), and used a bit of styrene plastic I sculpted to give him more of a chest underneath, since simple padding wasn't showing through well enough.

I'd still like to improve the mask a bit more, by creating the larger chin triangle and darkening the eyes, but it's at least looking better now than it was I think, at least in hand.

20181111_1157211.jpg

20181111_1154381.jpg

20181111_1150431.jpg

20181111_1147461.jpg

Back