1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks pretty amazing davejames - wish I had the extra parts to make those improvements. Well done indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R1 mouth triangle is better sized but r1 Vader still has the ANH soft insectoid look, it for me looks a bit off vs the cleaner more cybernetic look the ESB mask has.

Yeah it's definitely not the perfect ESB mask, but I still find it a whole lot less weird and distracting to look at now. Just a shame I had to sacrifice a perfectly good RO Vader (which I somehow managed to snag for $100 on here) to make it.

Can't get enough of this figure. It's amazing.

46076628_10218392168578460_1211861254910509056_o.jpg
45867198_10218392169418481_9051038557161914368_o.jpg
46164352_10218392169018471_215756689977114624_o.jpg

So far the RO mask with ESB dome seems to look the best. but even if I could get the ESB head think i could bring myselfto break the RO figure to put it on.

I don't mind swapping out parts but only when it doesn't involve breaking the original figure in some way

It doesn't really take that much effort to pop off the RO dome. But you do have to dremel the top of the head a bit for the ESB dome to fit, which I realize is more than some are comfortable doing.

I can't really tell but it looks like this ESB dome is more "accurate". Anyone try to put the dome on the ESB/ROTJ SS vader? I really don't want another 1/6 scale vader (have the IS 1/4) but I want a better dome for my SS one.. :pray:

I can't really tell but it looks like this ESB dome is more "accurate". Anyone try to put the dome on the ESB/ROTJ SS vader? I really don't want another 1/6 scale vader (have the IS 1/4) but I want a better dome for my SS one.. :pray:

I put the dome and mask on the SS RotJ Vader.

VDgOpkO.jpg

jv8mu0F.jpg

I had done the same thing of putting the HT dome on the SS head. It actually looks better in some ways. The biggest thing that stands out are the flat cheeks and kind of large mouth. I had the original release and not sure if the later run had the same sculpt issues

Edit: Oops, misundestood. But anyway, if anyone is curious, the HT dome on the SS head works, but it's not the greatest lol

I bulked out the arms a little with tissue and tape but nothing else other than the head swap. Oh, I did need to swap the neck plug.

Okay. So you didn't just swap out the dome?

It looks good though (I still like the SS esb/rotj vader) though he just needs a "head" lift.

Back