1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding lack of back, another shot showing it doesn't exist.

vader.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday, opened today and put it back to its box. No, I am not sending it back. They went where others are stored and waiting to find a place to showcase it.
The figüre is absolutely Darth Vader. Packagingis excellent. They have put the cape in a seperate compartment (Though it gave e a hell out of effort when putting it back). I am annoyed from the sound coming from battery base of the diorama piece. I opened the compartment and saw the moisture absorbing packages.
With all these attention to detail, and application of magnets even to gun holsters I still find it weird why they didn't put a little magnet inside the dome.

Vader: “Damn this faulty lightsaber.”

Luke: “What’s wrong with your lightsaber? Why is it dimming?”

Ironically, you’ve captured the Lucas-esque phrasing style that we would have gotten if he wrote the script - content as well.

Nice pics!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good word for it. It somehow gives off the same vibe as Keaton Batman or EB 75th GoD Bruce Lee -- it just captures a time and place at very high quality, regardless of any shortcomings.

Yep, it definitely has that Vader "Presence" to it.

Good description.

Plus, Vader’s “presence” has caused chaos in my detolf’s. He has to be on a higher shelf to fully appreciate him, so now things need to be rearranged. Plus, putting other figures on the shelf with him doesn’t work. I need more space, detolfs, and money. Not in that order.

With all these attention to detail, and application of magnets even to gun holsters I still find it weird why they didn't put a little magnet inside the dome.

I'm a little perplexed by the lack of magnet in the helm as well...

Seems easy enough to install: Fill hole in helmet with magnet. Shave off round thing on head and replace with round magnet.

I know someone, somewhere is doing this right now.

I'm a little perplexed by the lack of magnet in the helm as well...

I've played around with using magnets for securing a helmet dome on a bare Vader head....with the size and strength required so it didn't move accidentally while posing, the weight made the figure top heavy, and fall over. This is especially problematic with those Hot Toys style barbell ankles sockets which gradually get loose over time. An example would be the DX02 vs DX12 Batman which used some much lighter cloth costume versus the heavier solid rubber costume.

BOBBY

I don't like to shave it off. What about double sided stickers?
BTW, maybe Hot Toys didn't incorporate magnet for the same matter Miniature-Art mentioned.

But they could’ve used a much smaller magnet if they retained the physical interlocking mechanism but then also incorporated a magnet for added security...

Oh well.

Honestly though, the dome sits well enough that you can shake him upside down and it sticks, it will come off if you pull to remove it or bump into it with some speed, which is better then damaging parts of the figure instead.

What about the inside of the mask ? someone showed the mask and there was supposed to be a peg (which was missing on theirs) Could you put a magnet on the inside and have it work with a piece of metal in the dome?

Got mine in and he's looking good. What's the best way to lower the belt down?

I'm almost tempted to cut it in the back to put some space(maybe somehow pin a small piece of black elastic material) so that it doesn't pinch in so much on the sides

Got mine in and he's looking good. What's the best way to lower the belt down?

I'm almost tempted to cut it in the back to put some space(maybe somehow pin a small piece of black elastic material) so that it doesn't pinch in so much on the sides

It takes a light touch, but by pushing the codpiece in against the body you can incrementally shift the belt down.

Be careful not to tear it. Take off the head and cape before you do it.

It does unbuckle at the front, but it’s tedious and finicky to put it back together afterwards — and you’ll probably need to reposition it again after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes a light touch, but by pushing the codpiece in against the body you can incrementally shift the belt down.

Be careful not to tear it. Take off the head and cape before you do it.

It does unbuckle at the front, but it’s tedious and finicky to put it back together afterwards — and you’ll probably need to reposition it again after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it immediately snapped apart when I tried to move. I really want to just glue it closed in the front, then attach a button snap on the back with some elastic band. Nobody would see the back anyway

He's bad ass. One of my tusks points more down than the other. I guess it gives him some character back story like the emperor slapped him around at some point :lol

Edit: Also noticed I didn't have his helmet completely straight on...guess he's still recovering :lol

vader.jpg

Back