1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does the helmet on this have an unpainted Anakin face/full head inside, or is the head portion limited to just a plug for the back of the head only (for some reason all of Hurricane's custom Vaders had a full head inside no matter whether it was a "full reveal", "part/ESB reveal" or "no reveal" version)?

Curious to see if anyone is able to open the glued joint running along the jawline to turn this into a ROTJ-style "reveal" mask. The glue holding the HT ANH mask together wasn't very strong.

If there is a full head inside and the helmet upper/lower seam can be wiggled apart, we might have a preview of the upcoming HT ROTJ Vader.

StarWarsFam's post

IMG_20180823_165443134_LL.jpg

Great shots and cool pose! -also really dig the ole' VHS of Empire in the display...nice touch!

And yes, now that more video reviews are popping up illustrating the issue, I gotta agree about the approach to the lights/batteries. ..insane!
Gauntlet for light saber arm looks clunky to operate too.

But one of the oddest things is how the helmet is packed - nearly every video review featuring the unboxing shows the helmet loose and flying off as the figure is being removed from the tray. Strange that it's not more securely fastened in the package.

But I digress. .. thanks for the cool shots!
Thanks. Yeah the lights are a PITA. Something has to be better. And I kinda wish there was a magnet in the helmet and head.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I got mine yesterday and for what it's worth, just about all my concerns were overblown. The mask looks very good to me, the tusks do sag where they shouldn't but it's barely noticeable. Even the helmet stays in place better than expected. About the only thing I really don't like is that the head doesn't look down at all. If anything it barely even looks straight.

I'd be curious to know how people who are pessimistic wind up feeling about this. Are people mostly pleasantly surprised, disappointed or did they get exactly what expected.

I got mine yesterday and for what it's worth, just about all my concerns were overblown. The mask looks very good to me, the tusks do sag where they shouldn't but it's barely noticeable. Even the helmet stays in place better than expected. About the only thing I really don't like is that the head doesn't look down at all. If anything it barely even looks straight.

I'd be curious to know how people who are pessimistic wind up feeling about this. Are people mostly pleasantly surprised, disappointed or did they get exactly what expected.

I was pleasantly surprised. Love how the figure turned out. I also love the base. The only 2 complaints I have are: too many little battery compartments / switches and also the swapping of the arms for the light up arm.
Those 2 things are a pain and need improvement for future figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In Justin's video, not only it looks straight but it also nbends his head forward -though not much-.

In Justin's video, not only it looks straight but it also nbends his head forward -though not much-.

I admit to being inexperienced with these things so there are probably tricks that I don't know yet, but the best i could do was get it to look slightly down briefly, after which it would slowly "settle" back into place of looking straight forward. Seems like it cuts out a lot of potentially cool poses so I wish they'd found a way around that.

Back