1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so as it stands the kaiyodo mask is still the best 1/6 Vader mask out there. that`s sad something which was done almost 30 years ago with not even near the technology we have now did it better then the two big companies have done up to this date.
Absolutely..that old Kaiyodo mask is still the most accurate in 1/6 thus far...but i still think that hidden away in the depths of the HT vaults lay perfect 3D scanned sculpts of both Vader and Fett...ready to be unleashed upon us in a few years time:panic:
Here's heads from a few Vader figures I own:

1-Left: Kotobukiya RotJ "Final Duel" 1:7 ; Terrible
2-Middle: Kotobukiya 1:7 ANH: Beyond terrible
3-Right: Disney Elite15$ figure (slightly modified by me) Actually this would look more screen accurate than this new Hot Toys ESB if it wasn't made from cheap plastic:lol

View attachment 423812
A cheap Disney figure can get the dome looking better than a 250 plus high end piece...shame on you HT..SHAME ON YOU!!

I like this image:

597a83a882cf7dc385e871ae89820b82.jpg

Sideshow has always sent to me in the UK by DHL which normally takes a day or two. That's pretty good whether they're shipping from the US or direct from HK like Fett was.

Their shipment arrived in my country but I have to wait since it's national holiday.

The short arm thing is part Prowse being a big guy and the figure body not, but for the most part in that shot Prowse is rolling his shoulder forward to extend his hand further. Toys cant do that yet.

While I've been fine with the figure until now. The amazing amount of wonkiness in the cheekbones may bug me the most. It's like that photo of Harrison Ford being angry and happy all at once.

vaderhead.jpg

harrison_ford_has_a_super_special_skill_thats_pretty_unusual_640_03.jpg

I can never unsee it.

Regarding the tusks, this bothers me more than the widows peak. To me, it looks like the angle might be wrong because Hot Toys had to make considerations for the collar and the exposed head or they used the other films to inform the design rather than just ESB.

27bbda370d49572186635f7e869e1014.jpg

At least in esb , going by the photo, we can see that tusks shouldn’t have cuts in them and tusks look like they’re part of the collar. They might have made design choices based on all of the films rather than specifically esb and that’s a problem.

The latest pics look good though, still excited to get him.

Last edited:
While I've been fine with the figure until now. The amazing amount of wonkiness in the cheekbones may bug me the most. It's like that photo of Harrison Ford being angry and happy all at

I can never unsee it.

Wonkyness is screen accurate.

Darth-Vader-in-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-3.jpg

39933919_10155705165702344_2982236436335427584_o.jpg'

Incredible. Still nothing from Sideshow. Anyone else still waiting? Looks like the best 1/6 Vader yet. Can't wait to have all OT Vaders on display.

Incredible. Still nothing from Sideshow. Anyone else still waiting? Looks like the best 1/6 Vader yet. Can't wait to have all OT Vaders on display.

I ordered in April, he shipped Tuesday. Making the long trek to CT, should see him in 5 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how this figure is both the best yet..... and the worst yet... :lol

Soooo, which is it? Those that don't have a Vader think this looks great (cause they are tired of waiting and missed out on the previous versions), and those that have previous Vader's are yet again let down by HT constant inaccuracies.

For some the ANH (v1 or v2) is the best, for others RO is the best. It just shows how biased people's opinions are.

Gotta love this hobby and it's collectors. :) (I'm one of them :wink1:)

But seriously, it is frustrating to want the perfect Vader. Something I think we will never see unfortunately. I agree with many. Some pictures look great and make we want it, others make me realize I can wait for the ROTJ version since that will be all this is and more. The only thing most likely lost would be the diorama base. All I know is that when I look over at my ANH v1, I'm still satisfied that I like it the best so far. But then again, having the original SS ANH & the SS DX mere feet away also gives me perspective on the improvements HT has made.

The only way to truly judge and have a true valid opinion would be to own them all and have them all standing side by side. Something only a very few select collectors will be able to do. Hopefully we get some pics like the ones we have of the previous 3 together (ANH v1 & v2 & RO all broken down and compared side by side). Being a SW Vader fan 1st with everything else coming in 2nd, I'd love to have them all. But the rational side of me realizes it is not necessary nor justified. But I could fill a room just with Vader collectibles and merchandise.

According to the problems everyone spotted, everything is fine aside from the eyes, the nose, the mouth, the tubes, the head size, the body width, the proportions of the base, the back of his head and the overall mask shape.
:rotfl
Oh boy, I feel like this model won't age well...

Yeah but they did get the color right at least. Even they couldn't mess that part up. :D

I love how this figure is both the best yet..... and the worst yet... :lol

Soooo, which is it? Those that don't have a Vader think this looks great (cause they are tired of waiting and missed out on the previous versions), and those that have previous Vader's are yet again let down by HT constant inaccuracies.

For some the ANH (v1 or v2) is the best, for others RO is the best. It just shows how biased people's opinions are.

Gotta love this hobby and it's collectors. :) (I'm one of them :wink1:)

But seriously, it is frustrating to want the perfect Vader. Something I think we will never see unfortunately. I agree with many. Some pictures look great and make we want it, others make me realize I can wait for the ROTJ version since that will be all this is and more. The only thing most likely lost would be the diorama base. All I know is that when I look over at my ANH v1, I'm still satisfied that I like it the best so far. But then again, having the original SS ANH & the SS DX mere feet away also gives me perspective on the improvements HT has made.

The only way to truly judge and have a true valid opinion would be to own them all and have them all standing side by side. Something only a very few select collectors will be able to do. Hopefully we get some pics like the ones we have of the previous 3 together (ANH v1 & v2 & RO all broken down and compared side by side). Being a SW Vader fan 1st with everything else coming in 2nd, I'd love to have them all. But the rational side of me realizes it is not necessary nor justified. But I could fill a room just with Vader collectibles and merchandise.

:goodpost:

Back