1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take no offense, your post seemed... vengeful in its criticism, that's all I was referring to. Like we were all saying its the worst as some excuse that you were wrong.

You found one that's a good match, congratulations.

Lets try the ebay picture that was posted earlier today that I added to your line-up on the left --- oh look! Nose isn't as small.

View attachment 423850

I think we can all find pictures to support our propositions. But in fact, in most pictures and videos I haven't been bothered by the nose. The shallow grill, absolutely. The separated tusk bars, damn right. But I still think the nose is a result of lens distortion.

And just in case: no one was making fun of you yesterday by saying that was the worst picture. We were making fun of the photo.

Just remember: v2 will fix it all! Yay second batch!

That middle shot has no widows peak...photoshop or witchcraft?

the ebay pic has the most distortion

Just to even things up, here's another picture on the left by the very same photographer... nose looks a bit bigger again.

other BG pic added rt.jpg

Lens distortion is NOT our friend here in 1/6th land.

I've clearly worn out my welcome here,

no, stay. I like your posts

I think the criticism and nitpick for this figure comes from the fact that most of us already spent 300$ or more on a previous or several previous Vader figures and really tired of spending for something that's not perfect

I actually bought my Rogue One overpriced on ebay

Agreed. No one does OCD better.

I don't think we'll really know what we got until the actual in hand photos start surfacing and we gain a sense of consistency. Even then, nothing is like having the figure in hand and at scale.

I've kept my order so far. But this figure is no Yondu, Sparrow or Tarkin to me. I should be getting Deluxe Fett and Vader at the same time so I hope that my Fett excitement will spill over onto Vader a bit. Watch -- Vader ends up being the better figure. :)

Lucky for me i'm happy with my Kotobukiya 1:10 Boba fett figure

Vader is pretty much the only character I want in 1:6 and obsess over the details (also Alien 1979 version but I got one I'm satisfied with)

Ooooh, which Alien?

this one. The X-Plus metal (limited to 1000 pieces) statue. It really looks straight out of the movie. It's the only Alien figure where they got the dome translucency exactly right (not too clear, not too dark) and the paint job (looks airbrushed) is beyond amazing (camera can't do it justice here). .Some say it's just metal version of the Sega Alien but I see a lot of differences especially the dome shape

there's some minor details that might differ from the film but the overall look is just amazingalien 2.JPGAlien x-plus.JPG

this one. The X-Plus metal (limited to 1000 pieces) statue. It really looks straight out of the movie. It's the only Alien figure where they got the dome translucency exactly right (not too clear, not too dark) and the paint job (looks airbrushed) is beyond amazing. .Some say it's just metal version of the Sega Alien but I see a lot of differences especially the dome shape

there's some minor details that might differ from the film but the overall look is just amazing

Nice! I always loved the Sega. I've never seen the X-plus actually.

ESB Vader arrived it has a few niggles so i think Rogue One may still be the best.
7e8f968bd9251c79e0090baf0933c258.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ESB Vader arrived it has a few niggles so i think Rogue One may still be the best.
7e8f968bd9251c79e0090baf0933c258.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah I never knew why ppl gave the RO such a bad time.
But this photo really does nothing for the ESB. Looks short, stubby kid wearing his fathers Vader helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back