1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if SSC is trying to get figures before the HK releases to limit people cancelling before the imminent arrival after seeing HK reviews of iffy figures. This doesn't look iffy to me at all, just saying I don't know why Hot Toys is sitting on them in HK while they're on the boat to the US.

You could be onto something. I've canceled a few myself do to what I've seen in early reviews. It was justified by fraying wrists and stained necks etc. The dome could be one of these. Though if these companies can slip them into your home before you discover this stuff I'm sure they think you're less likely to return it. Simply helps their bottom line.

They get in some pretty amazing detail with their human sculpts, so I don't see why a 1/6 helmet would be any more of a challenge. The problem is just with the inaccurate design they decided to go with.

That said, judging from the proto pics it does seem to work well in more shadowy lighting, so as long as you don't have a giant spotlight on it the helmet should look perfectly fine.

I'm wondering if SSC is trying to get figures before the HK releases to limit people cancelling before the imminent arrival after seeing HK reviews of iffy figures. This doesn't look iffy to me at all, just saying I don't know why Hot Toys is sitting on them in HK while they're on the boat to the US.

Mine shipped from HK yesterday. It's on a plane to the uk as we speak. I hope.

That was my first belief, but since the Royal Gaurd is releasing similar to how Vader ESB was released, I now believe that Hot Toys and Sideshow are attempting to stifle the HK resellers like Timcent, Goodshipped, etc. Hot Toys and Sideshow have finally realized just how many customers import directly from Hong Kong.

That shouldn't prevent non-US collectors to resort to HK sellers though. Sideshow shipping fees combined with Fedex processing fees add 25% to 30% to the final price for most of overseas collectors.

That shouldn't prevent non-US collectors to resort to HK sellers though. Sideshow shipping fees combined with Fedex processing fees add 25% to 30% to the final price for most of overseas collectors.

I don’t think their intention is to completely put resellers out of business, but to simply gain back the US customers they loose to those resellers due to the typical release date difference between HK and Sideshow.

It looks great from the front (fixed noseplug), messy from the sides (it looks like a sad Vader with a long face) and again fine from the back.
If someone gets only one Vader, I think this will make them happy, but anyone who is nitpicky will have a hard time with the many compromises (some of which don't even make sense, like the cut on the pipes for the non-existing face reveal)
It looks like the helmet stays on fine unless you are planning to play around with it in the living room.
I'm not a fan of a fixed extra electronics box on the belt, but at least this makes the light-up function something that actual people will use, unlike with the old models. The shin guards fit fine and the belt finally doesn't have the weird dark-silver color on the middle of the buckle.
Overall I don't think the majority will be disappointed but I'll skip.

I don’t think their intention is to completely put resellers out of business, but to simply gain back the US customers they loose to those resellers due to the typical release date difference between HK and Sideshow.
I agree. Especially me when I try to get the figures early to do review them. By trying to get them early hopefully helps my fellow collectors make a decision whether or not to pick up the collectible. Also my Vader should be here next Monday woohoo!!@

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Did they tone down the thick black licorice looking suit? Always hated those overly thick lines in the previous releases

I like it when people who haven’t been in the same room with a figure compare it to a Hasbro offering. You keep telling yourself that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my first belief, but since the Royal Gaurd is releasing similar to how Vader ESB was released, I now believe that Hot Toys and Sideshow are attempting to stifle the HK resellers like Timcent, Goodshipped, etc. Hot Toys and Sideshow have finally realized just how many customers import directly from Hong Kong.

I don't know, I mean that's got to me a pretty small percentage of people who are buying these off eBay just to get them faster. I buy from BBTS and sit on them for up to 90 days to make my shipping cheaper haha. I know everyone's different with their collecting. Also HT wouldn't care about SS's trouble and they're the ones who have to sit on the product while it gets shipped to the US when they could just as well be selling them in HK. Not selling units at all affects their and HT's bottom line though if reviews suck and people then cancel.

Mine should be arriving on Monday as well. It will be my first 1/6 Vader, so I don't think any of the details that are just a little off are going to bother me as much as it does some of you guys.

Everything I've seen looks great, and the base looks a lot bigger than I was expecting it to be. He's already going to be a nightmare to fit into a detolf height wise, I hope it fits width wise at least.

Mine should be arriving on Monday as well. It will be my first 1/6 Vader, so I don't think any of the details that are just a little off are going to bother me as much as it does some of you guys.

Everything I've seen looks great, and the base looks a lot bigger than I was expecting it to be. He's already going to be a nightmare to fit into a detolf height wise, I hope it fits width wise at least.

Any "first" 1/6 Vader is a mind blowing experience!! Mine was SS Deluxe V1 and it blew me away! Stared at it for days. Enjoy your experience man!

Via Dominique P on Facebook...

39891497_1843922009027393_862253592780734464_n.jpg

Back