1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Damn it Hot Toys. Now I don't know whether to get the two pack, or just grab Tarkin on his own and wait to see how the ESB Vader turns out... :lol

I'm in the same boat. We still haven't seen good pictures of the Vader we're getting in the 2 pack. I think they were displaying Rogue One Vader at the conventions.. Thankfully, these are coming at around the same time, so we can make an informed decision.

9ddcec5fe9efc32dbdc4bda6d7002b74.jpg

3f2f22ae6b68b039b7bd670e687a056e.jpg

d18f45c05e5b713c5501c5c3aa8cef4c.jpg

09b7df297ce5f41c3a57e972191c7ba5.jpg

I'm pretty happy with my Vader. An ESB/ANH mock-up. 1/4 scale is a grail piece. Probably never getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paid NRD for 2 pack Tarkin - Vader through SS...no turning back for me :lol

I think I'm fine with just ANH (well, technically, RO) Vader. I get the love for ESB Vader, however. Definitely the best portrayal of the character of all the films. I would sort of like a Jedi Vader -- but honestly, have always found the unmasked Anakin to be sort of silly-looking -- more Egghead than Freddy Krueger.

Whether our not there's a full unmasked head on this will determine if I buy a third HT Vader.

Looks the same to me. They probably won’t change a thing. Especially the details everyone wants them to change.
Spoken like a typical SW fan who can't tell the difference between versions of Vader.

They changed pretty much everything that needs to be changed including the gloves. The chin vent is bigger, the thumbprint in there on the mohawk, the chest box is accurate to ESB, the belt boxes are accurate to ESB, belt buckle is accurate to ESB, and the codpiece is accurate to ESB.

Hopefully the saber is accurate to ESB too.

I am an ESB Vader costumer and accuracy was the first thing I look at and my only
complain is the HT face is flipped. The asymmetrical of the face is on the wrong side. Hoping that is just a poor composite from HT side for this ad and the actual thing is correctly asymmetrical.

Yup
That's getting ordered!

That base is a thing of beauty! Honestly, I could less about the reveal sculpt. I had it with the DX SS and it sat in a drawer the whole time. Same with the DX 12 Batman. I think Bale's head is in a plastic bag in some drawer lol. I'd much rather them put the effort into a great base and an LED Saber. I no longer have any regret selling my Rogue One Vader.

Spoken like a typical SW fan who can't tell the difference between versions of Vader.

They changed pretty much everything that needs to be changed including the gloves. The chin vent is bigger, the thumbprint in there on the mohawk, the chest box is accurate to ESB, the belt boxes are accurate to ESB, belt buckle is accurate to ESB, and the codpiece is accurate to ESB.

Hopefully the saber is accurate to ESB too.

I am an ESB Vader costumer and accuracy was the first thing I look at and my only
complain is the HT face is flipped. The asymmetrical of the face is on the wrong side. Hoping that is just a poor composite from HT side for this ad and the actual thing is correctly asymmetrical.

:goodpost:

I also appreciate the details that go into each iteration of Vader. I love how there is a little difference between each one.

I was wondering if there are any die hard Vader fans here would collect all Hot Toy version so far - old ANH - R1 - new ANH with Tarkin - this ESB, and possible ROTJ/ROTS in the future :lightsabe

No just Empire. THE Star Wars film. Hope this kicks off a wave of others like Bespin Han and Lando.

Back