1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i`m starting too like my esb vader now. i did some work to the mask i resculpted the eye brows widen the the bridge on both sides of the nose. did my best with enlarging the nose plug. i think with those fixes he actually looks a heck a lot better. took care of those bug eye look. i customized an extra body gave him the top half of the RO vader and the lower half of ANH. but still managed to give him the arms off of the ANH vader body which i had to do some work to get them to fit nothing pretty. take a photo soon.

pics or it didn't happen gg.:lecture

pics or it didn't happen gg.:lecture

take a photo soon as i`m done with it, i used some metal pieces for the tusks since mine were both missing the original tusk`s. i think it made a big improvement. i could never figure it out why the eye`s looked too pronounced bug eyed until i read something that you were talking about the eye brows weren't big enough, the nose bridge was not wide enough. so i thought i would try it out and see if it would make a difference i think it did a lot.

I got my replacement Vader in. No broken tusks luckily this time but the helmet had come apart in the box so I?ll have to glue it back on. Love this figure though. Even with the inaccurate helmet he?s just so damn imposing.

I got my replacement Vader in. No broken tusks luckily this time but the helmet had come apart in the box so I?ll have to glue it back on. Love this figure though. Even with the inaccurate helmet he?s just so damn imposing.

I thought the helmet was just loosely snapped on to begin with. Never was glued...

b3efe6435e8a97b3b2655ebeb08fa65d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b3efe6435e8a97b3b2655ebeb08fa65d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK,get it now

im probably wrong but I call that a mask, that?s why I was confused . Didn?t want you glueing what didn?t need glueing.

i consider the dome part on top of the head the helmet and the face area the mask..
my bad I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Makes sense lol. I just call the entire thing a mask. The nub black face sculpt is hilarious looking. I?m just glad the tusks aren?t broken on this one as even with the this piece not being glued down you can?t tell when it?s on the figure. I?ll likely glue it when I get some spare time

Is there a better option for shoulder armor out there? The one that comes with this one kind of bulges out by the neck and then straightens out at the bottom, making his chest look sunken in. I'm assuming that's not accurate, right? I tried the rogue one, but it has a huge gap by the neck and doesn't quite fit

What are the chances of a waitlist conversion on this, having just got on it in the last few days? :slap

Back