1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem is I’m heading back to the States for pretty much the entire month of July. They’re a bit of a pain in the ass in holding things if one isn’t around to receive it.

Why would HT Japan get it before Secret Base?

Because they solicited offers for it in the Japanese market as a June release at a specially marketed Star Wars event which promoted the figure as a special Japanese release.

Every now and then, ToySapiens gets a figure before Secret Base but usually it gets it around the time Sideshow does.

I hope they don't rush the release and fix some of the issues in the prototype

It has the potential to be the perfect Vader and not the "almost perfect" until the next version

But then they wouldn't get to sell multiple iterations of the same character.

Dave w
You just won the thread. We will never get a perfect version of any of the main characters.
There will always be the updated and improved version for us lunatics.

Theoretically yes, and then there is Chewbacca. That poor guy keeps getting worse.

:rotfl So true! If the Chewie seen in the pics of the young Han figure is what the Solo version of Chewie will look like . . . wow!

As far as Vader, the helmet is the key. When that gets done right (including proportions), everything else can be done right. Until that happens, there will always be a problem with the Vader figure.

This ESB Vader besides the widows peak that I can live with, slightly big mouth and standard instead of a Prowse buff body seems to me like the best 1:6 version so far unless you're into the episode 4 look.

Can the ROTJ one end up even better? Naturally and it probably will, but I'll prefer the slightly less glossy ESB head with only back reveal to a flimsy intricate full reveal ROTJ version.

Fortunately we can choose or get both.

Hopefully we see a newer version come SDCC!

Was gonna wait for EP6 Vader, but ESB vader is the best version gotta have it! I was gonna get RO but it sold out on me, almost glad it did now this looks incredible.

Grabbed some screenshots from Sideshows official SDCC YouTube video:

nNy6l2d.png

tbo52gP.png

GC9Bz3F.png

wZclUMb.png

Looking good so far. I hope we get some pics of the helmet from different angles.

I don’t get the complaints about the widows peak in these images. I suppose it depends on the exact shot since there were quite a few different helmets made and used during filming, but ESB Vader usually had a little bit of a curve at the widows peak. Like, they sanded the point off but didn’t trim it totally flat (like they did for ROTJ). The slightly curved but not pointy widows peak matches most of the stills and on set photos I can find... :dunno

Back