1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it bother anyone else that the figure comes with a pointing right hand, but in the film Vader usually (always?) points with his left? It’s a minor nit, to be sure, but now that I’ve noticed, I can’t unsee it.

Still love the figure.

Burning my figure right now

Does it bother anyone else that the figure comes with a pointing right hand, but in the film Vader usually (always?) points with his left? It’s a minor nit, to be sure, but now that I’ve noticed, I can’t unsee it.

Still love the figure.

It’s in the nose pick scene...Lucas’s special edition.

Still love the figure.

He points with the right hand to Fett in the Bounty Hunters scene, and also with right at Dengar in the cut scene pics fro that scene.

Height is not ridiculous, stands about right against other 1/6 figures. Belt drops about right and lots of hand sets with one to hold his customized light saber...Next steps, Bespin Luke into the scene, otherwise its ESB enough.

uc

uc

uc

Gave the iconic “join me!” pose an attempt today.

Reference:
UBkxTng.jpg

As close as I was able to get:
fQCEHIy.jpg
rPB6DL8.jpg
XqeKiEt.jpg

A few notes: I cleared up some space on my phone which has a slightly better camera than my iPad so hopefully these are a little sharper. I tried taking the shots from different distances in an effort to combat lense distortion, but it’s definitely still distorted (especially the last shot where he’s not in my display case). Finally, whoever it was that kept saying the display stand is backwards... you’re wrong. The only gripe I’d have is they should’ve given you two places to attach the crotch cradle so you could more easily achieve both of the primary camera angles from the film (the angle above and then rotated 90 degrees so the cut poles and yellow lights are in the front instead of to the side).

In the "Join me" pose, if that wrist was just slightly bent upwards so that it didn't look like he was waiting for his change at McDonald's, it would like significantly better.

Height is not ridiculous, stands about right against other 1/6 figures. Belt drops about right and lots of hand sets with one to hold his customized light saber...Next steps, Bespin Luke into the scene, otherwise its ESB enough.

uc

uc

uc

Cool pics! What's Vader's height in a neutral pose? 13 1/2"?

In the "Join me" pose, if that wrist was just slightly bent upwards so that it didn't look like he was waiting for his change at McDonald's, it would like significantly better.

Agreed. I actually just went back and watched the scene. That publicity still isn’t exactly how he looks in the film itself but it’s darn close. I also noticed that he actually makes both the open hand pose and the “power of the dark side” fist pose multiple times as he’s talking...

Cool pics! What's Vader's height in a neutral pose? 13 1/2"?

Thank you so much...height is good among other 1/6 scale. He lists at 13.77" height which seems about right. He's a bit shorter than SC Deluxe of 2013, although that always seemed a bit ridiculous in height but graciously served it's purpose until now. Extremely happy with this one.

Agreed. I actually just went back and watched the scene. That publicity still isn’t exactly how he looks in the film itself but it’s darn close. I also noticed that he actually makes both the open hand pose and the “power of the dark side” fist pose multiple times as he’s talking...

What if you turn the hand slightly so that the thumb is a little bit higher? I think that may help with the pose.

What if you turn the hand slightly so that the thumb is a little bit higher? I think that may help with the pose.

Hmm. Good idea.

Before:
0OCLsYe.jpg

After:
4YRMHOT.jpg

It certainly helps a little.

Edit.

It’s funny, in hand that rotation was a noticeable difference but in the photo it hardly registers.

Second EDIT:

turned the hand a smidge more and used the handrail behind him to kinda drape his cape on and hold it in as similar a position as the wind blown look as I could manage. I like where this is going...

s6eaIJO.jpg

What's with the T-rex hands? They look kinda small in relation to the overall size of the figure.

Seeing all these cool Vader pics makes my Vader wait even harder. Hope my distributor to get him soon

Got my Vader yesterday.
Going to be honest here , i think it was rushed and looks a bit ****.

Can anyone confirm with the inner tunic the satin lining is seperate from the black cloth? It looks half finished and is pissing me off.

I also have a mark on the left side of the neck and it looks out of place

Got my Vader yesterday.
Going to be honest here , i think it was rushed and looks a bit ****.

Can anyone confirm with the inner tunic the satin lining is seperate from the black cloth? It looks half finished and is pissing me off.

I also have a mark on the left side of the neck and it looks out of place

Not sure but I think the neck mark is present on all these figures

Multiple people have reported that spot in the same place. It seems to be intentional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, its a paint flaw on one of the ROTJ helmets that they replicated (I assume its an app they've programmed for the ROTJ version of this helmet) - I couldn't find it on any ESB Vader pics I saw.

Back