1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . the customizer in me would try to file/sand down the top half of the mask along the bottom ridge (and concentrating more on the mouth/front). Then I'd see how it looks when re-attached to the bottom half. But before gluing it back together (hopefully with a shorter mouth), I'd try to slice off the tube/tusk parts on the bottom half and glue them at a more accurate angle. That's where the unnecessary seam in the tusk would actually be a good thing; I'd just fill it in, sand it smooth, and paint a semi-gloss black over it. Done; seamless tubes, corrected tusks, and shorter mouth.

In fact, having access to the blank head inside of the mask might even allow for some way to loosen up the neck and provide more mobility. If I ever see one of these unglued helmets going for a fair price, I'm giving it a shot.

But the dome throws off the look of the figure as much as the tusks

But the dome throws off the look of the figure too

That's true. But the damn thing seems to come off so easily that it probably wouldn't hurt to try modifying that too in order to see how it might be oriented better. It's not like having to resort to blue tac would make it a less secure fit. Either way, I wouldn't try any of this stuff on a full-priced figure. Like I said: only if I came across an affordable unglued/damaged helmet. In other words, I'll probably never get the chance to try any of this. And I'll keep waiting to see how the ROTJ figure turns out.

Awesome shots and pose IndyMOS :clap
Here's after dinner futz pt.2
Was able to get lower belt over the codpiece.

View attachment 424213View attachment 424214

Yeah yeah... Death Troopers and ESB Vader together isn't right?? :pfft:

Finally a properly futzed figure! :clap
It always amazes me how some collector's have absolutely no feeling for how to pose and futz a figure to make it look good.

The only thing I would recommend is to change that tunic, those pleats are a damn eyesore! :lol

Could anyone let me know if the ANH V2 boots are the same as the RO versions (minus the gloss)? From what I can tell, the shin guards don't sit flush against the boots at the bottom like V1 ANH does.

giphy.gif

Finally a proper belt and chest box futz. :clap

Neck area still looks a bit weird with the way the sculpt meets the body, but I see you also got the shoulder bells of the chest armor flush against the shoulders. That combined with the proper adjustments to the belt and chest box area went a long way for my eye.

Also, I should add I think he looks better on his own without the dio base for some reason.
Yup agreed. That's some fantastic futzing right there and the closest I've seen this look to an ESB Vader. :clap

Thanks guys! And you got it jedibear! And that futz work on your Vader looks awesome D.R.37! I need to work on my inner robe more to get it like that. And nothing wrong with ESB Vader with some Death Troopers. Anything goes in my display [emoji106]

:hi5:
Thanks guys!

Finally... good work. Now just shove that head forward and you'll have Prowse posture.

Thanks, unfortunately that's as far forward the head can go. There's a neck piece that restricts the forward articulation... that needs to be opened up a bit.

Aaaaaaaand in the time it took me to type all that, D.R.37 posted those pics with his death troopers... DANG. Sold. End of discussion. What tusk angle?

:mwaha

Awesome shots and pose IndyMOS :clap
Here's after dinner futz pt.2
Was able to get lower belt over the codpiece.

View attachment 424213View attachment 424214

Yeah yeah... Death Troopers and ESB Vader together isn't right?? :pfft:

Very cool! Looks fantastic with those Death Troopers. We'll just pretend that Krennic is just outside the frame there...
Seriously though, great futzing

So does that mean the V2 is the better of the first three releases? Or is that debatable as well?

Hmm, thought I was just pre-ordering this from Sideshow but then an hour later a shipping notice and tracking number got sent to me. Guess August is going to be an expensive month!

ANH v2. It’s basically just an amalgam of the ANH v1 and R1 figures.
Do you know if the ANH V2 boots are the exact same as the RO boots (minus the gloss finish of course)? I'm trying to figure out if the shin guards sit flush against the boots like V1. From what I can tell, they don't.

Wait. How long. What if you get the same result? I'm fine with what I see. The RO is to big imho.

For every good picture I see a bad one. lol I'm wondering what this one looks like against tarkin, chewie, and others.

Back