1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way the ESB sculpt sits on the body with the lack of a neck more resembles R1 Vader to me.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F448523%2F20e677db-2418-4462-884b-5571c28083f1.jpg

I actually kind of like the ESB figure better for a R1 Vader and the R1 figure better for an ESB Vader.

And I think I probably prefer the look of the RO figure to how he actually looked in RO. I'm just not a fan of how big and broad-shouldered they made him in that movie.

Neck too long, dome is too short in the back and the side flare is too wide...the main reason I want to replace it

Different set of flaws, but no long face and less mask problems overall. Eyes, cheeks, nose size, mouth, upper mouth grill angle and tusks a bit better than the ESB

also it might have a nose plug, but it seems sculpted almost as deep as the ESB without the nose plug because of the shallow mouth grill

I popped of the dome of the RO Vader. It isnt't placed correctly by HT, from the front it hides the top "lines" of the eyesockets, which is inaccurate. If you tilt the dome back a bit it solves the length issue too.

Do the vaders use a standard ball joint for the neck? Definitely plan to relieve the shrugging shoulders look if I even bother getting this.

Last edited:
The way the ESB sculpt sits on the body with the lack of a neck more resembles R1 Vader to me.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F448523%2F20e677db-2418-4462-884b-5571c28083f1.jpg

I actually kind of like the ESB figure better for a R1 Vader and the R1 figure better for an ESB Vader.

Well, holy crap! The RO vader has the piping groves like the ROTJ reveal. I never noticed that. It very well could be that LFL is making that a cannon standard for products moving forward and HT didn’t have a choice.
If that’s the case, it would have been nice for HT to have made them more subtle and not designed the ESB mask into separate pieces.
f7b1da5afc69f71bf6ae79e3ff9040e0.jpg

Last edited:
Another pic I found on instagramView attachment 424131

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That looks darn near perfect... wow! If the belt and cod can come down just a smidge more, and you move the under robe a little further out from the chest box (see the pics below, the inner robe was often pushed out to the belt boxes in Empire) it’ll be spot on. If the figure looks as good in hand as it does in this photo, I’m super excited (and relieved, lol)! Really aside from futzing, the only thing I see that I’d try to actually mod, if possible, is the tusk angle. The shoulder bells are definitely too big too, but for some reason that’s just not bothering me. I do hope they can be futzed to tuck under the chest armor a bit like so many scenes in the film, but it’s not a deal breaker if they don’t.

a695064a630f88d1f14f2ad7fdfc7612--star-wars-film-star-wars-.jpg

DarthVader_1.jpg

I have a question i know it's a dumb one haha. But under the base stand is in empty or there is a plaque im just curious how the under of the stand look does anyone have any pic of the under of the stand??

Right now I'm pretty sure I'd have to spend 300$ on this plus another 300$ on the RotJ if it comes out perfect like the 1:4 scale fig

so why not put all that money into the 1:4 which has a perfect sculpt

All my instincts are telling me to cancel the ESB except the small glimmer of hope it might look better in hand in the shelf spot I want to put it in

this one. The X-Plus metal (limited to 1000 pieces) statue. It really looks straight out of the movie. It's the only Alien figure where they got the dome translucency exactly right (not too clear, not too dark) and the paint job (looks airbrushed) is beyond amazing (camera can't do it justice here). .Some say it's just metal version of the Sega Alien but I see a lot of differences especially the dome shape

there's some minor details that might differ from the film but the overall look is just amazingView attachment 423859View attachment 423856

The sega is the vinyl version of this (Not the other way around)...the dome is resin here and vinyl on the prize piece that’s why there are differences in shape plus the vinyl can’t keep most of the undercuts present in the metal statue. This is sculpted by XPlus and they also lay claim to the sega sculpt(I spoke to them regarding this when it was teased years ago.)

My only gripe is that (and I noticed this in the prototype) they appear to have elongated his face (mouth triangle appears longer and flatter with the grill having less of a slope) and the dome is either tilted too far back or they elongated the dome’s skirt too much. The helmet overall appears to have been stretched, when they already got the face mask and dome shape pretty much perfect ...

The reveal in Empire actually cut off just above the TOP TUBE alongside his head, leaving the lower half of the helmet barely covering his ears...not the length of the neck, like in Jedi. With his ears and sides of his head fully exposed.52736FE7-3077-4DAD-B6D7-AC6558C954B4.jpeg

Back