1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013): Captain Harlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223 - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harl

I have pretty much given up hope that HT will make a Kei (for reasons beyond my comprehension) given they have destroyed all my assumptions: There wasn't any "coming soon", the Hong Kong premiere came and went with nothing, the Japanese figure mags had nothing on her late November. So still no indication that they are making her. I think the last chance to announce her is by late December, but I'm not holding out hope. As a result, I'm not buying this Harlock either...

Looks like the only female characters HT is making these days are Black Widow, Catwoman & more Black Widow...

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223 - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harl

Movie didn't do so well and people aren't ordering this one.
Surefire way not to get a kei is to pass on it haha

I guess I have to thank HT for saving me $750+! First, by not releasing Kei, that's probably $250, then I am not buying Harlock with the throne, that's $450. I am not counting shipping yet! Had they released Kei, this set of 2 plus the throne would be a must for me. Well, thanks HT for letting me buy other stuff in 2014! I guess they just have no idea that Kei Yuki and Mori Yuki (from Yamato) (they both look identical) are 2 of the most famous female protagonists in Leiji Matsumoto's creations. Oh well...

I'm buying this regardless of kei. this will be the best high end rendition of harlock, so I absolutely will not pass this up no matter what. if you guys are harlock fans, it's shocking you would pass him up just cause kei wont be released. I mean I would love her too, but I mean its harlock! this whole thing is based on him. I don't get your reasoning? :dunno

Agree. I'm not that crazy about Kei... the show is called Captain Harlock! haha Think it's just this guy.

Anybody worried about the pleather outfit holding up over time?

Can't be too worried about his outfit holding up any less than other figures. The T2 is dressed all in pleather and Bane's jacket and Catwoman's outfit are too.

With the Bat Armory up for preorder, I don't know if I have the resources to get this if HT finally decides to come out with Kei. I like this movie because the character designs are different from the typical Hollywood/Superhero stuff. However, I really don't have that much money to get the Bat Armory full set (the geek in me wants the full set, but it may be too rich for my blood) and this with the throne and Kei (if they decide to make her, which is still very uncertain, likely not to be).

the only thing that will change my mind about getting harlock is god himself. and i'm sure he wouldn't cause he probably has one on preorder as well.

https://hot-toys-collectors.tumblr....w-with-original-creator-of-space#tumblr_notes

Hot Toys’ Interview with Original Creator of Space Pirate Captain

tumblr_n1c6r0jvvc1snogyzo4_1280.jpg

Hot Toys (HT): What do you think of Hot Toys’ Captain Harlock figure based on the latest “Space Pirate Captain Harlock” CG animation movie?

Leiji Matsumoto (LM): Extremely wonderful! If Harlock exists in the real world, he would look just like this figure. The clothing texture is very good and I love the rag effects on his cape. Wouldn’t it be cool if each figure’s cape is damaged slightly differently? I also love the addition of the Throne of Arcadia.

HT: It sure looks like this figure and the CG animation designs are very close to your original creation, aren’t they?

LM: Yes, maybe except for the hair color… My original Harlock has darker brown hair! (laughs) But this figure is based on the newest CG animation, so it’s correct as it is now.

HT: Hot Toys also paid a lot of attention to the weapons and accessories, what do you think of the execution in the eyes of the original creator?

LM: It is actually quite amazing that Harlock’s gun and gravity saber are recreated so faithfully by Hot Toys.

HT: What does the Harlock character represents to you?

LM: He is the most “human” of all Earthlings, Harlock is the ambassador of humanity throughout the galaxies… He is a symbol that proves that it is no longer meaningful to fight between humans or Earth nations. His skull is not a threatening or scaring symbol, but more a statement that he will fight to his last bone for his beliefs. Harlock is all about will power and honor, I hope that such beliefs can be remembered by anyone that looks at this figure worldwide.

HT: What other characters would you like Hot Toys to create a figure of?

LM: I would love to display this Harlock next to a Queen Emeraldas and I wouldn’t mind seeing Tochiro too. But I would also want Hot Toys to create figures based on some of my initial creations, such as “Sexaroid”** and “Maria of The Silver Valley”***, two of my favorite older works.

HT: Any other messages you would like to say to your fans?

LM: Let’s all have dreams and cherish them! Great people have dreams, and thus never destroy other’s dreams. As such, we can all enjoy our future together and live in peace regardless of whichever flag one is living under on Earth. This is the Harlock ideal.

So glad this on preorder.

I look at that guy and see Mr. Myagi.

The figure looks great!

Still hanging out for Kei

Still hanging out for Kei

i know they really need to make her, but i am slowly losing faith they will. this just looks like a line where they'll just do one figure. a damn shame, great characters and great designs.

I think with lines like this people want the 80's look. Kind of like with the Panzer Jager. Maybe their marketing company needs to do more research, but it could be a big hit in Japan/china.

I plan on getting Harlock anyway because it looks like such a great figure.

With lines like this, they should come as pairs or trios like Appleseed and City Hunter.

If you read between the lines of the 2 recent interviews, first with Shinji Armaki, then with Leiji Matsumoto, you can tell that HT either only got licensed or intended only to make Harlock and none of the other characters in the film will be released unless something drastic changes. So I'm no long holding out hope that Kei will ever be released. An as a result, I am not ordering Harlock either as he lacks a companion. I have used my Kei funding to pre-ordered my third Black Widow...

you can still pair him up with some Medicom lineups.

If you read between the lines of the 2 recent interviews, first with Shinji Armaki, then with Leiji Matsumoto, you can tell that HT either only got licensed or intended only to make Harlock and none of the other characters in the film will be released unless something drastic changes. So I'm no long holding out hope that Kei will ever be released. An as a result, I am not ordering Harlock either as he lacks a companion. I have used my Kei funding to pre-ordered my third Black Widow...

Back