1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I mentioned in the AOU thread, I believe if I were HT, I would make the repainted Mark XLII, ala Mark XLIII into a pre-release exclusive for AOU, just like what HT did with the BD Mark VII before IM3...mark my words...

BTW, I like the new color scheme better as well...but with 3 IMs - Mark VI, VII & XXXIII, I'm all IM out in the foreseeable future.
I don't intend to get that many Iron Man armors either. As much as I like the character I've only got the Mark XLII on pre-order and am still deciding if I want to order the Mark XXXIII too or not (leaning towards getting it). I don't plan on going back and trying to get any of the other suits just because they're expensive and harder to find.

At this point I do like the new armor from Age of Ultron but it's hard saying what the actual figure will come out like and how much it'll cost and all since the film and the figures are a ways off. I sort of want one clean looking armor and one battle damaged one. I think I'll be using the Mark XLII's battle damaged look more than the regular look so I'd like at least one other clean armor.

I hope this one comes out soon as I'm really looking forward to adding it to my collection.

has anyone seen more of this concept art? I would love to see full picture of the white/gray and gold armor to the left of the "Mark XLIII"

Here's that one, plus a few more from that section of the book

j6P8lXz.png

VcVUUiC.png

n08dDwJ.png

sbObvji.png

1LFfnGf.png

qmTMHvP.png

QH2Q2AL.png

mzvzMFu.png

dBEUyD9.png

Wouldve liked the black and gold just like the AoU comic

I was gonna say that is the one I'd want from the AoU comics line. That would be cool ifnthey changed up the color scheme for this movie but probably not.

Im not real fond of the mark42 color scheme but am impressed with some of those suits. If they release any more in the die-cast series, then I'm going to cave and buy them. The die cast WM is amazing.

When I first saw this, my initial thought was to forego the Mark 42 and wait for this version, since I like the more traditional color scheme. But now I'm reconsidering that back to getting the 42. I've kept my Iron Man collection down to the basics: a Mark 1, Mark 2 and Mark 4. I think the gold color scheme of the 42 will compliment my collection better than getting another red suit.

Yeah, I've seen the WM2.0 in person and while I didn't like the suit's design, I agree that it's a great figure and made me excited to get the Mark 42. This will be my first IM figure ever (as in IM himself). I'd be very happy to have this, WM1.0, Monger, and Whiplash 2.0 all in one shelf :)

Yeah, I've seen the WM2.0 in person and while I didn't like the suit's design, I agree that it's a great figure and made me excited to get the Mark 42. This will be my first IM figure ever (as in IM himself). I'd be very happy to have this, WM1.0, Monger, and Whiplash 2.0 all in one shelf :)

Thanks for joining the party train :) I'm jealous, having a nice suit like this be your first IM HT

I can't get over just how gorgeous this figure is. Checking BBTS, the preorder sold out and I thought I'd have to secure one through ebay. Fore sure I thought with BBTS being sold out, SSC would be as well. Lo and behold when I checked a few weeks ago, the XLII was still available. Of course I jumped on it and secured that bad boy. July needs to be here yesterday.

I can't get over just how gorgeous this figure is. Checking BBTS, the preorder sold out and I thought I'd have to secure one through ebay. Fore sure I thought with BBTS being sold out, SSC would be as well. Lo and behold when I checked a few weeks ago, the XLII was still available. Of course I jumped on it and secured that bad boy. July needs to be here yesterday.

BBTS will sell out before SSC most times, there are some few exceptions like those SSC items that go to archive due to being unpopular, I'm thinking of Red Skull at the moment.

BBTS will sell out before SSC most times, there are some few exceptions like those SSC items that go to archive due to being unpopular, I'm thinking of Red Skull at the moment.
Gotcha! Thanks for the heads up. I knew BBTS was one of the leading sites, but I never figured they'd sell out before SSC. Speaking of Red Skull, I was pondering getting the figure but I haven't read too many great reviews on him.

Oh man...I cannot wait for this figure. After scoring the Mark III a few weeks back at a LCBS, I'm excited to see how the die cast and articulated fingers compare to the III.

Gotcha! Thanks for the heads up. I knew BBTS was one of the leading sites, but I never figured they'd sell out before SSC. Speaking of Red Skull, I was pondering getting the figure but I haven't read too many great reviews on him.

Oh man...I cannot wait for this figure. After scoring the Mark III a few weeks back at a LCBS, I'm excited to see how the die cast and articulated fingers compare to the III.

Red Skull is awesome!! Bar will back me up on this, haha. Check it:

https://dwkungfustar.blogspot.com/2014/01/hot-toys-red-skull-un-boxing-photos.html

From what I've learned from the rest of this community here, SSC is the main distributor. BBTS, AEC, and others get their supply from SSC, so SSC will always have the most in their inventory and will have all the exclusives first, although they've moved to BBTS at later times, especially when they don't sell, like for example this past year's Toys Fair Exclusives.

Hey man. Did you pick up your Mark III from Dr. Fantasy's? I assume you're outta AZ too, and he is the only guy I know around here who had the Mark III's. If you like those, you're going to be blown away by more recent releases. Seriously. I sold my Mark III a while back because it just didn't hold up to the newer releases. I'm stoked for you.

Red Skull is awesome!! Bar will back me up on this, haha. Check it:

https://dwkungfustar.blogspot.com/2014/01/hot-toys-red-skull-un-boxing-photos.html

From what I've learned from the rest of this community here, SSC is the main distributor. BBTS, AEC, and others get their supply from SSC, so SSC will always have the most in their inventory and will have all the exclusives first, although they've moved to BBTS at later times, especially when they don't sell, like for example this past year's Toys Fair Exclusives.
Thanks for the link! I'll be sure to check it out ;). I figure if I'm going to have a Cap I may need to get a Red Skull at some point.

edit: Man does he look good in those photos! The likeness to Weaving is spot on and the clothes look amazing. I think you've just sold me on him XD.

Also, thanks for the info about the retail sites. I wasn't aware SSC was THE site others go to for their stock. I learn something new every day!

Hey man. Did you pick up your Mark III from Dr. Fantasy's? I assume you're outta AZ too, and he is the only guy I know around here who had the Mark III's. If you like those, you're going to be blown away by more recent releases. Seriously. I sold my Mark III a while back because it just didn't hold up to the newer releases. I'm stoked for you.
Haha! You are indeed correct ;). A friend and I went there one day and he spotted the Mark III on one shelf while I was eyeing Cap on another. Thought I'd never come across the III at that price ever again so I snapped it up.

This same friend owns the WM MKII and has let me fiddle with it a couple times. Talk about an impressive figure. I'm thinking the XLII will do the same and completely blow me away.

Dude, never pre-order through eBay

Thanks for the link! I'll be sure to check it out ;). I figure if I'm going to have a Cap I may need to get a Red Skull at some point.

edit: Man does he look good in those photos! The likeness to Weaving is spot on and the clothes look amazing. I think you've just sold me on him XD.

Also, thanks for the info about the retail sites. I wasn't aware SSC was THE site others go to for their stock. I learn something new every day!

You are :welcome1: :hi5:

SSC has reward points which is why I prefer them, especially if the pre-order has no NRD (non-refundable deposit), otherwise I'll hold one at BBTS in case I change my mind before the release. BBTS used to have lower prices, and sometimes still does, but since that has changed lately, I'm strictly ordering from SSC.

Back