1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where'd you see that?
1962624_1435231596716934_1868921106_n.jpg

10014859_737347129632657_34287560_o.jpg

I'm getting both.

I was realy divided about how I was going to display Mk XLII in my cabinet. I prefer to display my figures clean but XLII was damaged most of the film so damaged would theoretically be more accurate.

Now that I see the AoU armor is just a reverse repaint I can display Mk XLII all battle damaged without guilt, and display the AoU Armor clean with my Avengers figs.

Problem solved :yess:

I'm usually up on release dates but this one has jumped around a lot it seems. Anyone know a ballpark release date? Is it July? Patriot should be the next in line, I'm assuming, for an April release?

I'm getting both.

I was realy divided about how I was going to display Mk XLII in my cabinet. I prefer to display my figures clean but XLII was damaged most of the film so damaged would theoretically be more accurate.

Now that I see the AoU armor is just a reverse repaint I can display Mk XLII all battle damaged without guilt, and display the AoU Armor clean with my Avengers figs.

Problem solved :yess:
Dammit that may be what I end up doing too, :lol I like the new suit myself despite just being a repainted Mark XLII.

As I mentioned in the AOU thread, I believe if I were HT, I would make the repainted Mark XLII, ala Mark XLIII into a pre-release exclusive for AOU, just like what HT did with the BD Mark VII before IM3...mark my words...

BTW, I like the new color scheme better as well...but with 3 IMs - Mark VI, VII & XXXIII, I'm all IM out in the foreseeable future.

I may spring for the AoU version of the Mk42, I like the color scheme better here. However I'd like to wait and see what new suit Tony gets for AoU (besides the Hulkbuster, which I probably can't afford anyway) before ordering anything.

has anyone seen more of this concept art? I would love to see full picture of the white/gray and gold armor to the left of the "Mark XLIII"

I can snap a pic for you when I get home. This is all from the Art of IM3 book btw.

The color scheme on mk.42 really grew on me and now I can't see it in any other way. Will happily wait for my diecast to arrive. :pray:

Back