1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish we were getting all the individual armor parts with this figure. Seems like it was in pieces more times than it was intact, and thats how I'd prefer to display it.

Imagine having the Tony Stark figure with all the parts spinning around him ( on strings or something )

If they do the Mark 3 with the darker red I'd get it in die cast. I started collecting with the Mark 1, and the 3 was was already hard to find. I had the BD one for a while, but I wasn't in love with it and sold it.

anyone know where to get the original mark 2's arc reactor? couldnt find it on ebay
3990420644_d310e62123_z.jpg

Lol. I didn't say it bothered me.
It was just on my mind with the movie playing in the background.
We're talking Apollo 11 speeds here.
My Sister-in-law's Father is the former chief of propulsion at NASA for the space shuttle program.
It just occurred to me while watching last night that the Shotgun armour is supposed to be fast(high Mach speeds), but the MK42 is capable of interstellar speeds. At the speeds shown in the movie, the suit could get to the moon in less than thirty minutes.
It's either that or bad editing...
:rotfl

Did you want this scene
-hand n foot armor on the way to Tony
-1 minute later, kid open store door for rest of the armor
-Tony's still tied to bed frame then wears his hand/foot armor
-Tony wondering where the rest of armor
-1 minute later, the rest of armor comes.

rather than this

Movie Scene
-Tony's hands tied to bed frame
-hand and leg/foot armor comes
-Tony wondering where the rest
-the kid open store door for rest of armor
-armor attached to Tony

I love that the mandarin twist has people ready to burn their Hot Toys on a barbecue, but Tony's armour pieces travelling at 100 times the speed of sound raises nary an eyebrow.
:rotfl

I think if you really wanna nitpick, you should be asking from the beginning how is it that a man, smart as he is, is able to build a suit of armor all by himself.

Really, much like other superheroes, Iron Man 3 is a FICTIONAL, COMIC book movie...it's not supposed to make sense half of the time, much less 100% of the time lol.

anyone know where to get the original mark 2's arc reactor? couldnt find it on ebay
3990420644_d310e62123_z.jpg

I've been trying to get a hold of that too. It seems you have to buy the whole Mark II figure to get it. People rarely ever sell it seperately and if they do, it's usually more than 100$ (more like 150) just for that one piece :/

You know what would have made it worth the price? All of the armor being removable and a stand to have them posed around the Tony figure underneath.

Wow this figure is sold out on BBTS? I may have to get my preorder in just to have this in the collection!

Yes, the Mark III and IV can that means the Mark VI should be able to do that too, you just need a little imagination :lol but I guess most people would just say no without even trying, I'll try that pose with the Mark VII

900551_press01-001.jpg

I actually tried it with IV, and this is the best you could come with it:

picture.php

That already takes great advantage of camera angle and panty flexibility.

BTW, that's the HT promo pic you placed there, those who had the production figure
claim you can't really achieve it without removing some parts. :wave

Back